Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you all give me any information on an Interarms marked PP in 380 serial number 70063A? Year and location of manufacture? Approximate value in 98% condition without a box? I'm interested in buying this one and I'd like all the information I can get on these. PP series history is sort of a new hobby of mine.

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
Welcome Fugly, you might try looking up in the FAQ section at the top of this section. There are a couple of sticky threads regarding these pistols and somewhere a list of pistol SN vs date of manufacture as listed by various Members here who have those pistols. I'd put a new in box one with papers and two mags at $500 to $600. The pistol you are interested in I'd guess at $400 and up. I don't keep up with them that closely though. Paid $0 for mine....because a neighbor couldn't pull the slide back. Box, papers and all. Join in the fun here. Again welcome. 1917

·
Registered
923 Posts
the "A" at end of the serial number designates the gun is a .380 that's all it does nothing else. The "A" was eventually dropped. look at the barrel in the ejection port you should see an antler and date of manufacture stamps there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
And welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool about the "A" denoting caliber. I didn't know that. I couldn't find a year marked on the gun, but I think it's a 60's production gun based on serial numbers I've seen in online auctions. I believe that would mean it was made in France. They want quite a bit for this gun. Honestly, I haven't seen many below $1000 and I found one with horrible "custom stippling" for $900 at Collector's Firearms. Does anyone know where to find one at a more reasonable price?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Pawn shop or gun store if you are fortunate. The majority are in .32.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts