Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
If I do, I promise I'll put it on YouTube. Or my next-of-kin will :D

And before I fire the first shot, I'll make sure and say "Hey, watch this!"

(yes I'm kidding, wouldn't try it on a bet at this point)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have run a clip of +p ammo through my pk380 and it worked just fine. The manual only says that +p ammo will cause your pistol to wear faster. If your just going to shoot a clip to test accuracy and then have it loaded with +p for deffense I don't see any problem with that. However I wouldn't make a habit of shooting +p ammo.
I will also say that hornady critical defense offers almost the same ballistics out of a standard load and is garaunteed to mushroom perfectly every time. With the new powders hornady has come up with they have been getting +p performance without +p pressures ( I wish I could get ahold of this stuff for reloading) This is probably your best bet for peak performance and maximum life of your pk380.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey guys, just picked up the pk380 as my first handgun and found out first hand how hard it is to find .380 in stock anywhere. been going over a few of the threads here, particularly on the barrel wear. anyway figured i'd share the only place i've seen it in stock and not WAY overpriced:

http://sgcusa.com/p539/Magtech-380-Auto-Box-(380A)/product_info.html

not the cheapest on the planet, but then again might be the only in stock on the planet too. i've got 10 boxes coming in thursday and excited to finally get shooting.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good luck with it :)

So far from my experience, I'd stay away from MFS and Herter's. Blazer, PMC, Fiocchi, and Remington Gold Saber HPs are fine so far.

·
Registered
53 Posts
and as a response to the OP looking for around $0.40/round the magtech fits the bill. I picked up 10 boxes @ $17.99/box, factor in shipping and it's $20.70/box so $0.41/round. not too shabby. if they ever get their PMC back in stock it'll be even better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the tip "smashweights"!
Just placed a substancial order with SGCUSA for the Magtech's. I need it to break in my new PK380 that I just got my clammy hands on today!
They still have 548 boxes left at $18 a pop.... plus shipping (in my case equaled just a hair over $3 a box).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've used Remington UMC, Buffalo Bore +P, and Winchester USA ammunition with no problems at all. I really like these guns, they are very smooth shooting. People are always interested in mine at the range, they just aren't very common yet. All that have fired it including myself, have been impressed with it so far. One advantage over the P22 (just because this gun is usually compared to it's smaller sibling) is it appears to not be picky about what ammo it shoots at all. This list of ammo has covered everything from cheap PMC ammo to the hottest Buffalo Bore. Got to love a gun that can shoot the full spectrum of ammunition produced for it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the tip "smashweights"!
Just placed a substancial order with SGCUSA for the Magtech's. I need it to break in my new PK380 that I just got my clammy hands on today!
They still have 548 boxes left at $18 a pop.... plus shipping (in my case equaled just a hair over $3 a box).
glad someone is benefitting from this. i picked up 10 a few weeks ago and use it whenever the range doesnt already have .380 in stock. keep an eye out for that "smashed casing" thing i saw, i've heard nothing but good things about magtech, but manufacturers still make errors. i found the pic, it's on my phone so i'll post it up later.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
On a range visit today, I ran 50 rounds of PMC Brass through a couple of PPKs -- an Interarms model and a German-made pistol -- and while it worked well enough, it was, without question, the dirtiest ammo I've ever used in a Walther of any type. I picked up a boatload of this stuff during the Christmas season at a decent price: $14.95 per box. But after today's range session, I'm sorry that I got so much. It took upwards of 20 minute apiece to clean up the guns, and one of them only had 15 rounds through it.

Must say that PMC Brass made Winchester WB seem like Mr. Clean in comparison.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PMC is made in Korea. I won't support anything but American manufacturers but I have seen so much of it around town, literally thousands of boxes and at 15$ I've seen lots of guys buy it. I stick to my own reloads or Rem UMC and Win USA for actual range rounds, it's just a pity there's not enough of them to go around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
PMC is made in Korea. I won't support anything but American manufacturers but I have seen so much of it around town, literally thousands of boxes and at 15$ I've seen lots of guys buy it. I stick to my own reloads or Rem UMC and Win USA for actual range rounds, it's just a pity there's not enough of them to go around.
magtech is made in minnesota ;) and for $15 i'd be all over it too.

41 - 60 of 159 Posts