Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received e-mail from Bar-Sto - .357sig barrels will be available mid to late January .
Does anybody have any experiance with their barrels ?
Vic

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am arranging the order for the very first .357 Sig barrels for .40 Auto Walther P99s. This order, which consists of 28 barrels, is what is enabling Bar-Sto to start to manufacture these barrels.

I own two Bar-Sto barrels currently. Both are 9mm conversion barrels for .357 Sig handguns: a P239 and P229. Both function 100% reliably, even with the .357 Sig magazines, and are accurate to boot. I am impressed. I am looking forward to the .357 Sig barrels for the Walther P99.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It is made by Federal Arms, and it accurate and reliable. I paid a mere $70 or so for it, because it was part of a large order that qualified for a 25% discount. Their normal price is $89.95 a pop.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ken, why did you switch to Barsto then? Do you believe it is a better barrel than Federal Arms? Does Barsto make a drop in for the G35 in 357?

·
Registered
356 Posts
allglock, you wrote:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ken, why did you switch to Barsto then? Do you believe it is a better barrel than Federal Arms? Does Barsto make a drop in for the G35 in 357?
To be frank, if I could somehow convince Federal Arms to make Walther P99 .357 Sig barrels, that's what I would have done. However, it was much easier to work with Bar-Sto. Paying 50% down for the first twenty barrels enabled this.

I own eight Federal Arms barrels:

G20 .40 Auto conversion
G20 .357 Sig conversion
G29 .40 Auto conversion
G29 .357 Sig conversion
G23/G32 9mm conversion
G27/G33 9mm conversion
G35 9mm conversion
G35 .357 Sig conversion

I have used the G35 .357 Sig barrel the most, mainly because I bought the G35 solely to shoot .357 Sig through it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Argentum @ Dec. 23 2002,2:45)]How much will these barrels sell for?
If you are asking about the regular production Bar-Sto barrels, you will pay approximately $207 shipped, if you order directly from Bar-Sto.  You might, eventually, be able to purchase them from Brownell's (& others) for a bit less.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lunde,
1st- Do you have picture
2nd-How do you install
3rd-warranty
4th-How much do I have to send
5th- Mags
Thanks,
Surfmaster

·
Registered
356 Posts
srfmstr00, you wrote:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1st- Do you have picture
Nope, but they will be dimensionally the same as .40 Auto Walther P99 barrels, made from stainless steel (meaning shiny).
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2nd-How do you install
Field strip, replace factory .40 Auto barrel with Bar-Sto .357 Sig conversion barrel, then reassemble.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3rd-warranty
It may very well void the warranty, but the only way that Walther America would know that you used a non-factory barel would be if you volunteered that information.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]4th-How much do I have to send
It's a bit late to add to the order, but email me offline ([email protected]) to work out something.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]5th- Mags
Use the .40 Auto ones.

Note that the .357 Sig conversion barrels will only fit and function in .40 Auto P99s. They won't fit in 9mm P99s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dr. Ken ,
I was unaware you were working something with Bar-Sto .
Is it too late to get in on it or should I talk to Bar-Sto .
Vic

·
Registered
356 Posts
Vic,

Someone who ordered two barrels asked to drop one, so there is one barrel available. I offered it to srfmstr00 (Surfmaster) above via a private email, but I have yet to hear back from him. If I don't hear from him by the end of the day today, it's yours. Contact me off-line ([email protected]) to work out the details. Again, this will fit and function only in .40 Auto P99s, not 9mm ones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just received an update from Bar-Sto . The .357Sig barrels will be available from them at the end of February for about $200.00 . I'm going with Dr.Lunde .

Just for giggles sent an e-mail to Walther-Germany to find out if they will offer P99's in .357 Sig and why it is not available .
Their reply -

There are no plans to make the P99 in this caliber.

Best regards,
Carl Walther GmbH

The name of the caliber must not go very well with them .

Vic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts