Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a 357 round from a 40S&W? Has anyone been able to find a barrel to swap out since this seems to been the nearest match?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
A manufacturer made a .40-to-357sig conversion barrel for the P99 a while back, but I've heard that it is no longer in production.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I read the post by the manufacturer, can't remember where, but he said they could never get it to work reliably. I'm guessing they had trouble dealing with the stress put on the pistol from the big jump(25-50%) in energy.

·
Premium Member
14,091 Posts
This is my answer to +p+. I do like it......don't shoot it that much, but it is cool. I really didn't buy it for any particular reason other than 'gee, I don't have one of those' and they're pretty hard to find. So, when one showed up on this forum a few months ago, I pounced.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
This is my answer to +p+.
:D

Nice.

I do like it......don't shoot it that much, but it is cool. I really didn't buy it for any particular reason other than 'gee, I don't have one of those' and they're pretty hard to find. So, when one showed up on this forum a few months ago, I pounced.
I would have done the same. Those barrels have to be pretty rare now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
since walther already makes the P99 and PPQ in .40, you'd think it'd be a no brainer. All they would probably need is a stiffer spring. Some federal agencies use .357 sig. It would be nice to see Walther get some of those contracts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts