Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two P99 40S&W’s and was thinking about converting one to 357 sig, adjusting the sights and likely not changing it back for some time (as I don’t want to keep messing with the sights). If any of you have a drop in 357 sig barrel can you tell me…

1. Brand?
2. Is it 100% reliable? (This would be a must)

Thanks Experts,

Rockets Out……

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the Bar-Sto barrel. It is supposed to be a drop in but it needed factory tweeking to fit correctly.
It is reliable but a pain in the butt to have it fit correctly. It involved sending the slide back to Bar-Sto for custom fitting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy, That's what I needed to know. I guess if I am going to do it sending the slide in first would save some of the hastle. Thanks for the info, you have likely saved me some time.

Rockets Out......

·
Registered
35 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (General Sherman @ Nov. 01 2005,09:51)]I have the Bar-Sto barrel.  (SNIP)
General Sherman: how does your P99 shoot with the 357 SIG barrel? Is it accurate? How's the recoil?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is accurate as the 40 and the recoil feels the same. The noise and flash are increased but the recoil seems to be the same to me.

The Bar-sto is supposed to be a "match" barrel.

The nice part is that the 357Sig uses the 40 cal magazines and no other changes are needed to convert.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rockets, Barsto makes a semi drop in. Have Irv cut the barrel to match the end of the slide and have him also cut relief cuts in the front of the slide on both sides. He #'s the barrel to the serial # of your gun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rockets, Barsto makes a semi drop in. Have Irv cut the barrel to match the end of the slide and have him also cut relief cuts in the front of the slide on both sides. He #'s the barrel to the serial # of your gun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, Thanks Buddy, I'm printing this out so I can follow your instructions. Your one of the good ones my friend.

Rockets out.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts