Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Bar-Sto probably dropped the product line because of lack of interest…….although they did have some reliability issues with the stock Walther pistol. I bought an extended “ported” barrel from them about a year ago and had feeding problems from the very beginning. This was with Speer Gold Dot JHP ammo. Sent the barrel and slide back to them [ as they requested ] and 6 weeks later the stuff was returned with the same problem.

They were so arrogant [ I have building guns for 30 years…..yada, yada, yada ] they would not listen to the solution. I made radical changes to their feed ramp design of the Stainless Steel barrel and now the pistol will eat anything I feed it. No I am not a genius,…………… I just adjusted the feed ramp to match the one found on a standard Walther barrel – no brainer in my book. Bar-Sto for whatever reason cut a “Narrow” feed ramp in their barrels and most of my hollow points would jam against the bottom of that feed ramp locking up the gun badly.

I would not trade my “adjusted” Bar-Sto barrel for anything………..its accuracy can’t be touched. I also brought the finish of the barrel to a high mirror look. People swear I have a chromed barrel –smile- The surface is so smooth….oil will bead up on the barrel.

JF.

· Registered
333 Posts
Rockets,
I will be willing to adjust the feed ramp for you for free.......as long as you realize that there is no guarantee & no liability on my part. You would need to post a photo of the barrel's feed ramp so I could ascertain if my modification will work with a Jarvis design. I have not seen their barrels and I am only fimiliar with Bar-Sto barrels.

All I did with my Bar-sto barrel was to approximate the feed ramp of a standard Walther barrel........then polished the ramp to a mirror finish. Your ramp must be so smooth---powder residue will not stick to it.........you will be able to wipe it clean to a mirror finish with a dry rag. As I do after every shooting session.

I will try and get some photos up on this forum of my barrel---shame I don't have any before images to compare to.

Care must be taken with this Modification that you DO NOT get too close to the chamber area and undermine the "fully supported " chamber. Most of the metal that must be removed is at the other end anyway.

Yes the "nose dive Jam" as you put it is a very accurate description of what was happening with my barrel. It seems { at least in my case } Bar-sto refused to accept that possibility. The correction seemed obvious to me---- and since the barrel was no good to me the way it was and after 6 weeks Bar-sto did nothing to correct the problem.......I said to hell with it, I will give it a go myself.

I made adjustments in stages...... trying to get by with the least amount of modification......but as it turned out, the barrel's feed ramp needed major work. I finally got the feed ramp to the point where it would no longer support a "nose dive" Jam.

Give me a day or two and I will show what I did to the barrel and then you can decide.

JF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.