Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about these being made available for the P99? As best I can tell from old threads, Barsto made some a while back, but they aren't listed for sale on their site now. Anybody have any source for them?

Also, any experience with them from those of you lucky enough to get one?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a Jarvis 357 sig conversion barrel for my P99 that was originally chambered for the 40 S&W.

It had to be slightly filed/fit by the local gunsmith to get it to fit my gun properly. The slide would not go into full battery without this fitting.

The gun fires very accurately with the full load 357's. Recoil and muzzle flip are quite a bit more than the 40 caliber though.

I never saw the item listed on Jarvis' web site. I emailed them and they had one to sell me for about $210. This was about two years ago.

You have to start with a 40 caliber Walther to attempt the conversion barrel swap. The 9 mm slide will not work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Jarvis 357 sig conversion barrel for my P99 that was originally chambered for the 40 S&W.

It had to be slightly filed/fit by the local gunsmith to get it to fit my gun properly. The slide would not go into full battery without this fitting.

The gun fires very accurately with the full load 357's. Recoil and muzzle flip are quite a bit more than the 40 caliber though.

I never saw the item listed on Jarvis' web site. I emailed them and they had one to sell me for about $210. This was about two years ago.

You have to start with a 40 caliber Walther to attempt the conversion barrel swap. The 9 mm slide will not work.
Thanks for the info. I might have to give them a call. I like .40 fine, I just thought it would be a fun option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts