Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a S&W produced Walther in .32 ACP? I've seen plenty of comments on the .380's but I'd like to hear about anyone's experiences with the .32.
Thanks!
Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with a S&W produced Walther in .32 ACP? I've seen plenty of comments on the .380's but I'd like to hear about anyone's experiences with the .32.
Thanks!
Best Regards,
ADP3
I have the S&W .32 PPK. It has been flawless on the range: no failures of any kind, extremely accurate and easy to shoot. Easy to disassemble and reassemble for cleaning. My only complaint is the difficulty in operating the safety and I have a similar issue with my S&W .380 PPK/S-1. I've sent them both back to S&W and they have returned them with only slightly easier operation. Relatively minor problem, but it keeps me from giving them a perfect score.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think DEP has a .32 version and he will probably chime in here soon. If memory serves, I think his only problems have been with the grips and that would a problem with either caliber gun.

I think you would like the .32 if you got one, but I don't know if I would consider it as a primary self defense gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up the new S&W produced PPK/s in .32ACP yesterday, cleaned it in the back of the gun shop (great folks to do business with) and headed for the range. Quality of the Walther (produced in early May I gather from the fired cartridge sample) was great. It's guts are not as "slick" as the German/French pieces, but neither is much else being produced today. At the range the second round out of the finger rest magazine fed in slow motion but after that it ran through 50 rds. each of RP and WW USA without a bobble. Same results with a box of Hornady XTP and Speer Gold Dot as well as 2 blister packs of Glaser. It shoots a little high at 20 yds with the 71 gr. FMJ using a 2" paster for a target. With a standard 25 yd target and a 6 o'clock hold it's dead on. The HP's are dead on the paster with a center hold and the Glasers are about 2" low. Groups ran around 3" which is all that I can get out of a Glock 19 at the same range. One feature that I notice on the .32 that I haven't seen in the S&W .380s is 2 shallow lightning cuts (shallow drilled/cast?) into the roof of the interior of the slide. Anyway I'm a happy camper. My other companion at the range was the Walther's Houlton produced cousin, my S&W #41. The #41 is my all time favorite range gun. Wicked accurate and I don't have to chase the brass.
Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't have one of the new S&W products, but do have a PP and PPK/S in .32ACP. Both have been 100% reliable with any FMJ, and WW 60gr STHP. I for one would not feel undergunned carrying the PPK/S as a primary CCW gun. Its been accurate enough to place all shots into the head of a B3 target at 25yds offhand. Up close and personal, 10yds or less, it would be very upsetting for the person on the receiving end.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't have one of the new S&W products, but do have a PP and PPK/S in .32ACP. Both have been 100% reliable with any FMJ, and WW 60gr STHP. I for one would not feel undergunned carrying the PPK/S as a primary CCW gun. Its been accurate enough to place all shots into the head of a B3 target at 25yds offhand. Up close and personal, 10yds or less, it would be very upsetting for the person on the receiving end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts