Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a Martini Cadet that was originally chambered in .310 Cadet, that somewhere along the line had it's chamber reamed to .32-40 Winchester. I am told this was a very common thing when the Cadets were imported here.

My problem is that .32-40 is pretty much unobtainium, and I do not reload. So far I have only found one box of Winchester ammo in .32-40 in years of looking for the stuff. So, a chamber adapter in .32 would make my old rifle far more usable. My cursory search of the interwebs came up with one that was sold long ago, and no others.

Any leads to one would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Back in the day, many .310 Cadets were rebored to .357 Magnum. But that might no longer be possible after a rechambering to .32-40...

The late Dave Cumberland ("Old Western Scrounger") was enamored with chamber inserts and commissioned many oddball combinations for resale, including .45 L.C. for the .577/450 Martini, .32 ACP for the 7.35 Carcano, and .32 ACP for the 7.5x55 Swiss.

I believe the maker of these was Alex Inc., Box 3034, Bozeman, Montana 59772, but I've never had any contact with them or know if they are still in business.

M

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Will do some research on them. I actually have the .45 Colt to 577/450 Martini Henry adapter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts