Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've put just over 300 rounds through my PK 380 and it's getting better every day. I've been shooting cheap crap through it to preserve the good stuff for EDC. Even with it's blocky shape, it carries well IWB. This was my daily backyard exercise today. Sixteen rounds at 7 yards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
still low and right

I'm at 200 rnds or more and still shoots low and way right.. To hit bulls eye can not even aim at paper.. Maybe that's what I should do, mover to under 20 feet.. Heh.. guess its ok for paper. I keep it clean and lubed but don't see it improving that much over time.. The slide and barrel ane already sloppy.. came that way...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm at 200 rnds or more and still shoots low and way right.. To hit bulls eye can not even aim at paper.. Maybe that's what I should do, mover to under 20 feet.. Heh.. guess its ok for paper. I keep it clean and lubed but don't see it improving that much over time.. The slide and barrel ane already sloppy.. came that way...
Do you have proper finger on the trigger placement? Are you hip-shooting? :p Also, the Browning-type tilt barrels wobble when not in battery. It's just the design. The slide wobble isn't something new either.
Shooting low and right (if you're right handed) tells me you may be using your whole finger to shoot (behind the first knuckle) rather than just the pad of your fingertip. Even 1° off in 20' because of using the wrong part of your finger can put the bullet 4-5 inches away from target. On an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper, that would miss it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have proper finger on the trigger placement? Are you hip-shooting? :p Also, the Browning-type tilt barrels wobble when not in battery. It's just the design. The slide wobble isn't something new either.

Thanks for the reply or input.. I'm sure you mean well. I have browning Hi Powers with tilting barrels and have no problem what so ever and when in battery there is absolutely no movement or play.. where as on the pk380 there is 10 to 15 thousandsth in any direction.. More so at lock up or battery in the up and down movement.. You are right it is the design but more accurately the interpretation of the design..

Yes I do shoot from the hip a lot of times and am more accurate then most with a firm steady and rest.. I come from a SAS background so would only be natural for me to try.. Also I am not the only one to shoot this pk380 and have the very same or very similar experience..

Now for the slide wobble I was able to correct this quite a bit by refinishing the already crappy finish that came on it.. They even admit that the finish is crap but to bad so sad is the response.. The finish I use is what I use on my three gun set.. Very Very durable and have done many many pieces and have only one come back to me AND it was not the process or product failed,.. It was operator error in that the customer dropped it in the parking lot.. Minor fix.. So I trust my Process but more importantly I'll stand behind it..

This Walther pk380 is a joke and won't have of my loved ones use this as a carry. If you gotta wait for your target to get 10 feet away to be effective ,well,Id say that's a little late.. So for now with the finish job, bushing barrel and mated to slide, replacement of the sights now shoots pretty straight.. This piece now eats anything I put in it, whether reloads or what ever.. Fixed the ejector so no failures at all and the brass actually clears and doesn't dribble out or land on your shoulder if you shoot left handed like me..

I'm pretty much over this junk.. Not a good ambassador to Walther.. Customer service said enough to me.. You get what you pay for I guess..

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
One size does not fit all, and yes, it's true: You get what you pay for. Best to move on. Just consider that for many gun owners, the PK380 is just fine. The fact that they like the pistol and do well with it doesn't make them wrong, nor you right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sights...

Kind of strange in comparison to its companion gun, the P22, which comes with a full set of replacement front sight blades. One would think the same could have been done with this gun; maybe another small oversight (ha!).

In all seriousness, I do find it interesting that some of these guns (like mine) are really accurate and some can't seem to find paper. My opinion of accurate is the ability to run "dot" drills at 7-10 yards. To keep it all in perspective, I have to sometimes remind my GF that at any distance, anything inside the silhouette line is a "hit", and 2 "hits", even though they may be 12 inches apart, will often do the trick if the paper is actually flesh and blood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
brand new to the forum and the weapon. I took my girl to a few gun shops and a privately owned shop gave her a very thorough education and upon her picking through a dozen or so models she picked the walther pk380. So far we've only put 100 rounds through it and it shoots considerably low and to the left. I moved her to 7-8 yards from paper and told her to maintain her sight picture and work towards making a group. The gun does group and when I and another shooter put five rounds downrange we all agreed on the low to the left shooting.

This is more of a first post to make mention to what many have already stated as I peruse the forum. I've already got 500 rounds on the way and am looking for another 500. I doubt we'll have ample time to shoot but we hope to shoot at least every other week about 100-150 rounds so my hopes are we get some break in that brings shots closer to the point of aim.

Please don't take my first post as knocking the gun as in all honesty I'm very proud of the gun she bought, I like it's look and feel, seems like a quality piece, and I'll reserve any judgement after we're at the 6-700 round mark.

Thanks for giving me a place to put my opinions and questions. Neither of which should ever be taken as inflammatory. (best walking on tiptoe's voice of a new forum member)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts