Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a search on ebay and came across a laser that was specifically made for the 2nd Generation P99 frame. My question is who has one and how many are out there? I have only seen the original sloped version or the latest rounded version but I have never seen the type described by the ebay seller. Except for what I've seen on Walther's CP99. Just curious and if they are out there I need to get one…How about it?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Martyr,
Yep, that's the one. After doing some searching myself, I have not been able to find a "2nd Generation" style frame. I think the guy is selling a laser that was made for the CP99 air pistol. From Dr. Lunde's sight the P99 went for the original sloped frame to the present day straight frame and rounded trigger guard. If I am wrong any other info would be appreciated...

P.S. How did you get the pic into your post?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The M6 laser, tach light works great with a with a GG&G adaptor for 3rd gens. The adaptor actually fits in the regular M6 light rail retaining bar so it does not change placement or change the locacation of the light/laser at all. It just slips in the light under the retaining bar and provides, when mounted with an unseen second bar that does not protrude outside the light housing.

Rocket Out...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There is no such thing as a "2nd Generation" P99 frame. The seller's claim is dubious. It certainly looks like a standard Walther P22 Laser, which WILL slide on a P99 Compact (which I believe is the same as the Post 2004 Full size P99 - but I cannot verify this). It will NOT lock in place. There has only been TWO styles of frames and rails for the P99. Pre-2004 (proprietary) and Post-2004 (open ended S&W Rail compatible with SW99 and "Tactical" rails). There may very well be a "New" P99 laser for P99 Post-2004 frames, but I'm not aware of it and because of the seller's other bogus statements - buyer beware.

The pictures shown above show a P99 Pre-2004 frame (1st Generation), a P22 Frame (2nd Generation - actually P22 ONLY but I guess it did come out after the P99 Pre-2004 and before the P99 Post-2004, so technically you COULD call it "2nd Gen") and a Post-2004 P99 (3rd Generation - actually 2nd Generation of the P99 frame). Then there is the P99 Compact rail. Now, I don't have a Post-2004 Frame, but I believe the P99 Compact and Post-2004 P99's share the same rail configuration.

Accessories and what they fit on:

P99 Laser (Original BA-2 and BA-6 Walther Lasers) - Gen 1 Frame ONLY!
P22 Laser (P22 ONLY!)
Springfield/Insight XML/X2/X2L Light/Laser - P99 Compact (May fit Post-2004 Frame). DOES NOT FIT P22!
Insight M5 Light (Fit's Post-2004 P99s)
Insight M3/M6 Lights DO NOT fit Post-2004 Rails without the M5 adapter from GG&G.
Laser Devices has new accessories for the P99 2nd Gen Frame.

Link to Laser Devices Walther Accessories

Regards,
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts