Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use XS 24/7 Express Sights on their P99? I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about them when compared to 3-dot sights.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll be interested in the comments as well. When I shoot at the range I wear my prescription glasses and while I do some issues with seeing the front sight, its even worse when I'm at home and dry firing at arms length. Since I will most likely not be wearing my glasses when I "need" the gun at home, I'm wondering if this would be an option or if there are other options available.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Does anyone use XS 24/7 Express Sights on their P99? I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about them when compared to 3-dot sights.
Yep, I have them on my bedside P99. I have used them in USPSA shooting and didn't find them to be a problem. Not target sights, mind you, but good enough to hit paper and steel plates out to about 25 yds. The Big dot is quick and easy to pick up in a hurry. And although it has night sight capabilities...if you are getting it because of its brightness....forget it. It will glow in the dark but it can't compare with Meps or Trijicons....

I have found that I buy and set of sights that I think I would like and then just get another P99 to put them on....:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have them on a P99c. The work great, pulling your eyes right to the front sight. I'm going to put them on my P99.:)

Common sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am a relatively new shooter...what type of sights are typically used for "target" shooting?
at the kind of ranges that people typically shoot at just about any sight will do. You certainly do not need adjustable sight to shoot at anywhere between 1-10 meters.

Beyond 10 meters adjustable target sights might be useful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you that have them on your P99's, are they adjustable like the factory sights? Did you need a gunsmith to install them like the other XS sights? I have a set on a custom 1911, but I was told not to install them myself so I sent the gun out.

Anyone have any pics of the XS sights on a P99?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts