Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I search this site for the term 'P22' i get zero results(?). I think that is odd that there is not one single mention of that gun in these forums.

I am looking to buy a .22. Pretty much everything I have read so far indicates that the PPQ is superior to the P22 in a lot of different ways. So that is where I am leaning.

Does anyone know if either of those 2 are made in Germany?

Anyone know any strong reasosn why to / why not to get either one? Again I am thinking that I will get the PPQ.
I already have a PPQ M2 9MM and I love it.

thanks all

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Reactions: searcher451

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. I have to question the functionality of the search utility on this site though. From the main page that lists all of the forums, there is a search box labeled "Search Forums".
Type in: P22.
You will not get any results. (At least I do not.) Maybe I am preaching to the choir, but the search utility on this site is terrible.
Anyway. thx for the reply.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have noticed that too. Possibly their is a minimum length needed for a search to get results.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. Will search in that manner from here on out.

Reactions: searcher451

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a PPQ M2 .22 lr, and I love it. I've had it for about 3 months; however, I've run about 1500 rounds through it with 3 FTF. The price was a little high for my liking but, the gun performs great!

Sincerely, johnmc :):)

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
The minimum length for a successful search is four characters. So "P22Q" gives us all the results whereas "P22" doesn't find anything.

Of course it wasn't especially wise of Walther to name their products with such short names like 1 to 9, PP, AP, HP, MP, P1, P4, or P5. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,763 Posts
Seeing as how you already have a PPQ center fire pistol it is a no brainer to go with the PPQ 22. Both are Umarex made and a far cry from the quality of the center fire guns.

P22 is a 3/4 scale gun so lots of women love it. I have XXL hands so it was always a pain for me. It did however have a better trigger and the vastly superior paddle mag release although you have an M2 so you've not figured that out anyway. In addition, you can get replacement sights in green FO.

PPQ will fit your existing holster, is available with 12rd magazines although you only get 1 with the gun and it seems to be a little more reliable out of box.

Both guns need to be cleaned up (as per the P22 bible) a little to run on bulk box ammo especially now days where you're lucky to find 22 at all. The P22 seems to need more work usually.

If the P22 was full size I'd far prefer it but in the 3/4 scale it is not good for me unless you're teaching women or kids who really love the grip size. Ended up selling both my P22's with one going after getting the PPQ22 and the other later on when I just couldn't justify keeping it.

There are some real benefits to training with a 22 and although the PPQ 22 is a far cry from what it should be, if you use the medium back strap on your center fire gun then it's OK. All that said, with the price of 22 usually being so high and availability low you could just do what I do and not waste 22 on a pistol as it is far more beneficial to keep it for training close up on steel with rifle combined with center fire pistol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts