Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently at the range I encountered a problem with my PPK/S 22lr using CCI Blazer 22lr ammo. I was participating in a 30 round pistol shoot and was using my PPK/S and I loaded up a magazine with 6 rounds of the CCI Blazer ammo. I proceeded to start shooting and after the first shot went off, but I could not shoot the next round because the slide did not come back far enough to eject the empty shell casing. I dropped the magazine, cleared the chamber and reinserted the magazine, that round fired and again the slide did not come back far enough to extract the empty cartridge. I left the range, went home and picked up the following AMMO brands to see if I could duplicate the problem. Boy was I surprised when I took the following Ammo Brands, the CCI Blazer, CCI Mini Mag, CCI Standard Velocity, Aquila Super Extra HV, Geco Rifle LR, Norma Tac 22, to a local indoor shooting range. Every brand of ammo except the CCI Std Vel duplicated the problem originally encountered with the CCI Blazer 22lr ammo. Has anyone else experienced the same problem I had over the weekend?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am guessing that you have an out of tolerance recoil spring that has too much tension. Maybe a call ton Walther will get you a free new one. I imagine that if what you experienced was commonplace if would be commonly known here. Months ago. I did a lot of forum reading about The PPK/s while considering the purchase of one. I do not recall seeing any reports similar you yours. Of course do not have the expertise rely upon, and my hypothesis. Is just based upon mechanical logic.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Recently at the range I encountered a problem with my PPK/S 22lr using CCI Blazer 22lr ammo.
Be sure to specify the exact type of your gun. Your PPK/S 22lr could be either a PPK/S in .22lr or a PPK/S .22. They are completely different guns. The first one is a vintage gun made more than 30 years ago by Manurhin/Walther and the second one is a contemporary gun made by Walther/Umarex.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes, very different guns. I have the 2013 PPK/S 22 from Umarex and it is very picky with ammo, gets even pickier as it get fouled from spent powder.
If this is the gun you have, it will take quite a number of rounds to break the thing in.
In either case, I’d remove the recoil spring and put it back together and rack the slide back and forth and see if goes all the way smoothly.

·
Registered
315 Posts
40gr MiniMags tend to be the go-to for picky .22s.

Make sure there isn't any build-up in the chamber, and the pistol is clean and lubed well, then see how many MiniMags you can fire without a functioning issue.

Never cared for Blazer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure to specify the exact type of your gun. Your PPK/S 22lr could be either a PPK/S in .22lr or a PPK/S .22. They are completely different guns. The first one is a vintage gun made more then 30 years ago by Manurhin/Walther and the second one is a contemporary gun made by Walther/Umarex.
Thank you for the reply and my firearm is a Carl Walther ULM/DO, Model PPL/S Cal 22lr, Made In Germany, Fort Smith, AR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies and I will take all the suggestions into condsideration. Based some videos that I have seen on line after posting the OP. It has made me aware that I have to be extremely careful when handling this firearm. Again thank you all for the suggestions and info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts