Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,399 Posts
^^^^Agree with that. Ah yes, dustcover extends to the end of the barrel, in other words a full length 5" frame. And look at that, a 'beavertail'. Rotating takedown lever. Replaceable back straps and side panels......I'd like my side panels in 'blue' please.....or maybe red.

Sign me up.............. :D

I'm thinkin' my modded 20 round mags outta work like a champ in this puppy......if not, I'll tweak em'. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I predict that in October of 2019 Walther will announce the production of the PPK and PPKS and will start shipping them in December '19.

No, wait! I think they tried that already..........!?:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I predict that in October of 2019 Walther will announce the production of the PPK and PPKS and will start shipping them in December '19.

No, wait! I think they tried that already..........!?:rolleyes:
Oh man...I hope that prediction does not come true but somehow I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My prediction is,that every gun will be gold plated.
If not,it wont be the first time I'll be mistaken.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If love a new ccp... ditch the fixed barrel and go to a typical locked breech like the pps.

The size and feel of the ccp is, in my opinion, better then my pps, and a world above the ppq sc... which is just a truncated ppq grip.
Yeah I've been begging for a full redesign of the CCP forever. That's a good idea. I had originally become enamored of the P7 style design, but that might be more practical. The ergos on the CCP are just amazing. If they took a cue from the P365 and upped the capacity to 10 rounds it would be a dream CCW for me. I tried the P365 and it's way too small for my hands.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Since what this really is, is a dream thread, I'll post my Walther dream, or two...

A 5" P99AS in 45ACP

A single stack P99AS about the size of a PPS M1 in 9mm.

Oh, and a third dream...
I find a minty Manurhin PPK in .32 for a price I can actually afford.

Cheers folks, have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ah yes, dustcover extends to the end of the barrel, in other words a full length 5" frame. And look at that, a 'beavertail'. Rotating takedown lever. Replaceable back straps and side panels......I'd like my side panels in 'blue' please.....or maybe red.
On first glance, this seems like a very welcome development and a shrewd move on Walther's part.

However, the weight (1,187g/42oz) and the price (1,700 Euro) propel the pistol into the heady realms of steel-framed target pistols, most of which have better triggers than any version of the PPQ. The new Walther will cost more than the CZ Shadow II (which will soon be available as optic-ready) as well as several Tanfoglio models and will cost roughly the same as the CZ Tactical Sport Orange, which has a superb trigger.

So.......the new Q5 Match Steel Frame will have some strong competitors - and those competitors have already been round the block several times.

Balor

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
On first glance, this seems like a very welcome development and a shrewd move on Walther's part.

However, the weight (1,187g/42oz) and the price (1,700 Euro) propel the pistol into the heady realms of steel-framed target pistols, most of which have better triggers than any version of the PPQ. The new Walther will cost more than the CZ Shadow II (which will soon be available as optic-ready) as well as several Tanfoglio models and will cost roughly the same as the CZ Tactical Sport Orange, which has a superb trigger.

So.......the new Q5 Match Steel Frame will have some strong competitors - and those competitors have already been round the block several times.

Balor
I understand your points Balor. I'm taking the glass half full view on this though.

This is an obvious attempt by Walther to produce a higher end target/sports pistol. How well will it compete? Will it be a commercial success? Beats me. We will have to wait and see.

Its great to see Walther go after the higher end again though. We sometimes on this forum rip Walther for focusing on lower end or commodity pistols of late. At face value, this seems to be Walther again going after the higher end. I applaud that.

Walther still knows how to produce excellent guns when they put their mind to it. I am expecting this gun to kick buttocks. I will be buying one when they are available in the USA.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
https://www.awm.wien/waffen/walther-q5-match-sf/

Slap my Grandma and call me Susan!

I'll be grabbing AT LEAST one of these. Make it in 357SIG or 10mm and I'll take a few more!

Not blowing smoke here, I purchased 12 "all metal" handguns in '18. The $1,700 euro price is OK by me, my last purchase (2 days ago) was a $2300 HK P7M13.

BRAVO Walther, all metal handguns are the way to go, F' producing NOTHING but mainstream "Tupperware".

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
https://www.awm.wien/waffen/walther-q5-match-sf/

Slap my Grandma and call me Susan!

I'll be grabbing AT LEAST one of these. Make it in 357SIG or 10mm and I'll take a few more!

Not blowing smoke here, I purchased 12 "all metal" handguns in '18. The $1,700 euro price is OK by me, my last purchase (2 days ago) was a $2300 HK P7M13.

BRAVO Walther, all metal handguns are the way to go, F' producing NOTHING but mainstream "Tupperware".
I hear you. Quality costs. I'll step up.

One more thing about that metal frame....it opens the door to calibers the existing polymer frames might be marginal for.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What is "SF" ? Short Frame? Slim Frame?
I got the SF from actually clicking the link that I graciously quoted below, which was originally posted prior in this thread. I didn't make it up lol.

It does indeed stand for steel frame, by the link, as nearly as I can tell. ;)

Yes. From the description on the Vienna dealer's website:

Abweichend von der Standard die Q5 Match ist diese eine VOLL-STAHL-WAFFE

Translation: In contrast to the standard Q5 Match, this model is a full-steel weapon.

The given weight of 1,187g/42oz should remove any doubt.

Balor

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Yup, my German is laughable at best, and while most of the words I can read I probably mispronounce, I do indeed know that stahl is steel, translated.

Of course, the link itself also says "Q5 match sf", but the above sentence does hold truth, with regards to my slight German fluency. :)

It also follows other makes, such as the canik tp9sf, for example. ;):D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Walther has gone all in on the PPQ, so more variants of PPQs. Maybe they’ll surprise us and bring back the p99 so there’s a legitimate choice in trigger function. But I doubt it and Walther continues on it’s path into obscurity/boutique brand. I’m gonna go drink more coffee and maybe cheer up.
This idea does not fit Walther history. Besides the P-38 (and even then, Mauser and Spreewerke had to help), Walther was never an "arms producer for the masses," until the Umarex purchase. Umarex' corporate background has always been "low cost = more units sold = more profit." Thus, the explosion of models, all being plastic, and all at prices competitive with other companies in the market. Walther, traditionally, has always been: "engineer the best + high quality fit and finish = sell fewer units to the most discriminating buyers" (a.k.a. - P-5, P-88, PPK). I've always been a Walther fan because they had a "build the best" mentality, and none of my modern Walthers have been made at Umarex; only Ulm guns in my collection.

·
Registered
284 Posts
As far as a "wish" from Walther?

Perhaps stamping "Umarex" instead of Walther on the guns not made in Ulm. (Yes, I sound snobbish, but I make no excuse... Walther has always been a bit exclusive, and $200 plastic guns are not exclusive...)

A PPS with a 4" slide and barrel.

Make all the plastic models available with both M1 and M2 style mag catches.

Make the new PPK just like the 1950s version with perhaps a tiny beavertail rather than that gigantic thing in the publicity photos...

Perhaps occasional short runs of other Walther classics: P-38, P-5, P-88... (Probably my least practical wish...)

21 - 40 of 96 Posts