Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a 2018 pistol....oops...After a couple of thread here asking questions about extractors, failure to be able to manually extract a round and poor ejection direction of spent brass I though I'd bring up the topic again with some pictures, my take on it and a thread for discussion of this topic. First as far as I can tell there have only been two extractors manufactured by Walther (Umarex) for the pistol. The originals had a square face at the hook, had a pretty large gap between a chambered round and rear face of the extractor. Ejection direction was very inconsistent; cases sent to the right, left, up, back at the shooter'e face, forward. The bottom of the breech face was open then and remains unchanged. In other words face is not recessed in such a manner that the rim is held securely in a consistent position. In addition much of the bottom is open with no support for the spent case. All of this has been discussed in detail over the years, extractor tips peened to reduce the distance between the extractor tip and the rim of a cartridge, VQ was shown the details of what was done by owner to address this issue and asked to make some extractors. They did. Walther revised the extractor in about 2007 re-designing the tip to reach a bit more rearward and extending the length. I filed a handmade extractor and did a thread on it, a Member at RimfireCentral named 1DogFish had CAD and CNC skills and made what I consider the only really good extractors to date. I contacted him recently and he is going to look and see if he still has the file for them.

Why, because of concerns raised by recent purchasers of late Q model pistols and QD models including the one I purchased. While it cycled bulk ammo reliably right out of the box it exhibited a return to the worst ejection direction I have had out of the past three P22s. So, here is an assessment of how the part fits and how it works.

I'll begin with a picture of the chamber entrance. The feed ramp is very nicely machined, the chamfer at the bottom of the chamber entrance is also very nicely machined. Note the thickness of the chamber steel at the extractor cut. This is the thickest metal I've ever seen at this location. Does it hold the extractor too far away so that the tip doesn't reliably reach the rim of a chambered round in some pistols? I don't know, mine reliably manually extracts CCI, Rem, Win, Federal, etc.. But, the chamber steel on my pistol at the extractor cut has had about 0.007" +/- removed. I have never seen other pistols with this extra cut and one Member here with extraction issues says that his pistol does not have this cut. Chambers I've previously looked at were flush where the rear edge of the extractor cut met the rear of the chamber but the metal was always very thin. Sometimes too thin.

Pictured is a round shoved tight into the chamber. This is as far forward as a round will chamber. You have to look carefully but you can see the additional cut in the chamber at the extractor cut. Does this allow the tip of the extractor to reach in earlier on my pistol? The breech face is recessed to receive the round even though the bottom half is open and the face of the breech block is stopped when it hits the rear of the chamber. So the rim as pictured sits right in the space provided for it between the breech face and rear of the chamber.

Pictured above is a side view of a round sitting on the breech face. As illustrated the front of the rim sits flush with the face of the breech block. This is hard to photograph, for me, with the slide on so I've used just the breech block to picture this.

Above I have shoved a round into the chamber, installed the breech block and used some rubber bands to hold it tight against the rear of the breech as it would sit if installed in the slide because it is hard to handle a camera, a frame, a breech block and because I don't have a tri pod stand....:) What is of note is that you can see where my extractor tip has been moving on the cut and the small gap that the cut out provides for the tip to either drop in or drop in quicker and grab a rim when manually extracting. Remember, when firing, the extractor does not extract the spent case. It is blown out by powerful blowback gasses. So the extraction issue as it relates to the extractor is.....does the extractor pull a round out the chamber when the slide is manually cycled. Mine does....others report theirs doesn't. The question is why?

I hope to get a better picture to illustrate the above but what has proved in the past to give consistent ejection direction is the elimination of the gap between the extractor tip and the front of the rim of a spent case. Using a flat blade feeler gauge the distance between the rear of the stock extractor and the front of a rim/breech face is 0.008" +/-. Neither Walther nor VQ have closed this gap. Close it and ejection direction will be consistent and in a proper direction. I base this on peening several of the original extractors until there was not gap. (Note, do not attempt to peen the revised extractor, the tip will break off). I filed an extractor from the barrel nut handle one time and made it tight enough to hold a round in place against the breech face....ejection direction was consistent and perfect. 1DogFish machined some extractors, purposely leaving the face with a reach that was too far rearward. Each owner filed their for a proper fit. These were great and made of much better material than the one I made from the wrench handle. A slight change and owners would not have to do any additional work. The part could be a drop in.

At this point the question might be asked....why doesn't Walther close the gap....the answer I have heard is that the pistol is sold worldwide and a variety of rim thicknesses must fit behind the extractor. I find this a bit odd though, not that it isn't true but if you look at how a typical round sits on the breech face....I cannot imagine that thicker rimmed ammo would be safe to fire in the P22. If the rim were thicker would the slide slamming shut against the rear of the chamber and pinching the rim cause some rounds to fire? I don' know. It would seem the pistol needs to be precision made here with .22 ammo following some guidelines regarding rim thickness for all .22 firearms. Some of you might be able to add some better information regarding this.

The P22 has what I call a pretty weak extractor. What I mean by that is that the nose of the part is pretty far forward of the pivot point and a small coil spring pivots it in. Other .22 pistols I own and have looked at have much stiffer extractors including a closed breech face that holds a round securely in place. Another concern is that as the face of the breech rail shoves a round forward in the magazine, the nose engages the feed ramp and tilts the round nose up. This causes the rear of the round to be slanted rearward in relation to the vertical breech face. When the rear of the round is released it must slide up the breech face and under the extractor tip. You would not want an extractor to be too tight, too stiff, a rim jam there and possibly ignite. Short, stiffly sprung extractors handle this issue in a variety of ways including a rounded or undercut area on the bottom of the extractor tip that allows the rim to slide into place with no binding. Walther could do better here in my opinion.

I'll add to this as I am able to take better pictures. I hope this shows how the P22 works ( or doesn't) and why a rim won't stay in place on the breech face which contributes to different locations hitting the ejector which causes erratic ejection. For those that are having issues with manually extracting...it would seem the tip of the extractor simply isn't able to reach the rim of a chambered round if everything is clean in the chamber. More information will have to come in where owners compare their pistol to the pictures posted of mine. But, extraction/consistent ejection has been under discussion since day one with the P22. 1917

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Above is a picture of a round being held against the breech face. As can be seen there is a gap between the tip of the extractor and front of the rim. Also note that the bottom of breech face is open....nothing to hold the case in position once it moves rearward of the chamber.

I sent all of this to VQ some years ago and asked if they would make some extractors explaining the issue and what I had learned....as you can see their's is tighter but not tight...the rim is still free to move around on the breech face with inconsistent hits on the ejector.. I'm also wondering if the thicker metal at the extractor cut that my pistol has will hold the VQ which has a different nose shape too far away from the rim of a chambered round.

Above is a round being held on the breech face of the Walther made full size Smith and Wesson M&P .22.. Note the tongue under the base of the rim to hold it in place. Also note the short pivot, all business extractor. This extractor is powered by a coil spring and plunger similar to many other pistols. An advantage of the short pivot is that as the extractor moves in and over a round the tip moves rearward a bit....that causes the extractor to clamp the round securely to the face and ejection direction is very consistent from my experience with this type of set up. Does anyone have one of these pistols....if so, how does the round feed from the magazine, onto the breech face with the rim ending up rearward of the extractor.? It was not my pistol and I don't have access to it anymore. .1917

·
Registered
38 Posts
The volquartsen extractor I installed definitely helped election direction. It's not perfect, but doesn't doing nearly as many rounds at my head and such at least.

I did mill the channel for the extractor a bit in my barrel, to get it to manually extract a round. Mine would not manually extract a round with the stock or aftermarket extractor before I did this. I did have problems with the gun going back into battery after doing this and a few dozen rounds. I had developed a burger on the edge of the vq extractor which was catching the notch in the barrel. I removed the bur, and honed the notch slightly, until it was really smooth operating. I haven't gotten to the range since then, but I'll report back at that point.

I'm waiting on my new-to-me MR9 4.5" before I head out again.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was wondering if the VQ extractor was going to work with the thicker material we are seeing at the ejection port. I'm also curious if later QD pistols will still have this thick metal. Walther does change stuff and says nothing about it. Just a refinement in machining. 1917

I hand filed this one from a barrel nut wrench and fitted it in under 10 minutes. It worked fine but the steel was too soft for a long life. Clamped a round on the face of the breech block and consistent ejection direction was very good. This was based on the original square cut style. All I did was leave about 0.012" more material on the face so a rim would slide under it but fit tightly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I stated in a different thread, the real problem with the extractor on the P22 is the big round head, it doesn't allow the point to get behind the rim of the casing because it rides too high in the chamber cutout. The stronger VQ spring definitely helps, but filing the head to be angled more to match the chamber cut will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On top is one of the original P22 extractors. There was a huge gap between the face of the extractor and the rim. Ejection direction was terrible. In the middle is the second model of the revised extractor. The original revision was made in about 2007 and involved slanting the tip rearward to reduce the gap. This helped. At appx. the same time the VQ extractor was released. The middle extractor has a slight change as compared to the original second model. The tip, if you look carefully, has been changed so that it reaches into the case just a bit more. Perhaps this is due to the thicker steel at the extractor cut and perhaps that was just my pistol. In any event, the new extractor look like the one in the middle.

On the bottom is one of my modification from way back in about '05 or '06. What I did there was fill the hole with JBWeld and then drill a new hole forward of that. In that manner I was able to move the whole contraption rearward. I had to file off a bit of the tail for it to fit. Then I touched up the hook to round it a bit and to ease the slanting rim under it when it slides up the breech face I undercut the bottom just a bit....prezactly like Ruger does. This eliminating the gap cures erratic ejection direction. I sent all the drawings, history and pictures to VQ. Walther engineering too...

These pictures show a progression of moving the extractor tip rearward. Two by Walther and what actually needs to happen. Of course the extractor much reach far enough forward to grab a chambered rim and the final one still does. I will tell you one thing.....those extractors appear to mim'd and the metal is hard.

I don't know why this has been so difficult. The pistols were beginning to have better ejection consistency but the only problem I see at all with my new QD is once again ejection has become erratic. I know what to do to fix it. 1917

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you 1917-1911M....your past experience and especially pictures, are helping me grasp what I have to do to resolve my very common issue, missed extractions and partial extractions...I get more stove-pipes than missed extractions. Like the extractor is fully engaging and releases or slips off the case too soon.

guymalloc and JWJeep your suggestions have made me look in different directions...thanks to you too.
So far the factory extractor with the extra long Vol spring is the best combination.

I'm going back over all your stuff to really study this. I have the Vol extractor and it will not close over the case rim when manually racked...maybe it will under the pressure of shooting(?). I'll try it before taking a file to it., seems like I may need to file the extractor face a bit to gain just a smidgen more play.

Anyway, this is more of a thanks than anything, I don't feel so alone out there is the wild world of 'wildcat' gunsmithing.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you are firing the extractor plays no part in extracting the spent case. Blow back gasses blow it out of the chamber with enough force to push the slide fully rearward compressing the recoil spring, cocking the hammer while still having enough energy to bounce off the ejector. The extractor does play a part in how the spent case ejects direction and consistency wise.

The extractor is used for manually pulling a round from the chamber when unloading. Stovepipes are most often caused by short stroking due to weak ammo. 1917

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay then, snow coming in in 3 days or so, looks like a little range time tomorrow is in order. A box of CCI hv will tell the tale.

Thank you 1917-1911M

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay, I installed the replacement ejector that Nic Volquartsen was kind enough to send out we went to the range today...perfect, and spent cases went flying off to the side rather than some going over my extended right arm.

My faith in this little pea shooter is restored. I'm sold on that Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Update, I got back in touch with 1DogFish who made some beautiful extractors 10 or 12 years ago. We are going to take a look at what it would take to mill some drop in ones. The ones he made were pretty early on in all of this modification, close the gap stuff I was working on. What we decided to do was for him to make some with too much rearward reach...then each owner could file the part to fit his pistol. This time I want to see if we can make drop in parts. He was going to look for his old files. I have photos of them but I'm not sure those are of much benefit.

I asked....aren't there machines that will scan the part without all the laborious measuring. He said good idea and that they had one. So the idea at present is to scan a late model and then modify the end to what I think should happen....eliminate the gap between the rear extractor tip and the front of the rim. There are a couple of things to make sure happen. 1, make sure a slanting round can safely slide the rim on the rimfire cartridge up the face of the breech block and under the new extractor without stoppages, binding, marks on the rim and of course no firing due to binding. There are several designs that will correct this but I want to keep it as simple as possible. The design of the existing model has a fairly weak force against being lifted due to the distance of the spring vs the pivot hole vs the extractor tip. That should help and I've had no issues in the past.

The next this is that the extractor tip must reach forward enough when the slide is closed to reliably reach the front face of the rim on a chambered round. Stock Walther extractors are a bit iffy here. My new QD will catch it...but it really catches about 75% out from the base of the rim before slipping down against the body of the round. And while it plays no part in extraction during firing it has too large of a gap in front of the rim and ejection is as poor as that of 2004 pistols with the original square cut extractor. It is certainly irritating to have hot cases hit me in the face again. As you may recall I sent all of this to VQ years ago, asked if they would make us some extractors and they made some pretty nice ones but they aren't tight enough either.

Perhaps 1DogFish and I can sort this out. He has milling stuff...I don't. He knows how to use it...I wouldn't even if I had some. 1917

And for those of you who never saw what the 1DogFish extractors looked like....here are two flanking an original Walther extractor. Walther would later modify the part to make it reach a little bit further rearward....but not enough. The idea we had with the extractors as pictured is that each tester would file the rear face until it fit his pistol perfectly. I did, I don't know what other people did if they did anything. Man, these worked great. We might even add a little undercut to the tip like Ruger does so that the rim will slide up easier with little binding. It should be noted that as the rim of a round slides up the breech face it is slanted as the round begins to feed nose up which means the rim is slanting rearward.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yikes...that picture tells the tale.

Will anxiously await news on how to get a hold of this custom extractor. If they are available now...where????
I want 2 as my son has a P22 as well, with all the same little irksome issues.
but the little popper is just too cute not to fix.

As always, the detailed and educated reports are much appreciated by us end users that have not the expertise nor shop tools to do what needs to be done. I bow to your talents.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the hard work has to be done by 1DogFish....all I know how to do is talk and draw with a pencil....and take pictures. I did file a perfectly fitted extractor out of a barrel nut wrench in about five minutes one time....the steel was too soft for a long life though.

I don't know what we will do.....did I mention his wife is a Lawyer and last time said...."you are doing what!" :D He may not have time but if he does the plan is to scan one this time and then change what I think needs changing. Then test them. If we get it together of course I will do a thread on it. 1917

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a 2018 pistol....oops...After a couple of thread here asking questions about extractors, failure to be able to manually extract a round and poor ejection direction of spent brass I though I'd bring up the topic again with some pictures, my take on it and a thread for discussion of this topic. First as far as I can tell there have only been two extractors manufactured by Walther (Umarex) for the pistol. The originals had a square face at the hook, had a pretty large gap between a chambered round and rear face of the extractor. Ejection direction was very inconsistent; cases sent to the right, left, up, back at the shooter'e face, forward. The bottom of the breech face was open then and remains unchanged. In other words face is not recessed in such a manner that the rim is held securely in a consistent position. In addition much of the bottom is open with no support for the spent case. All of this has been discussed in detail over the years, extractor tips peened to reduce the distance between the extractor tip and the rim of a cartridge, VQ was shown the details of what was done by owner to address this issue and asked to make some extractors. They did. Walther revised the extractor in about 2007 re-designing the tip to reach a bit more rearward and extending the length. I filed a handmade extractor and did a thread on it, a Member at RimfireCentral named 1DogFish had CAD and CNC skills and made what I consider the only really good extractors to date. I contacted him recently and he is going to look and see if he still has the file for them.

Why, because of concerns raised by recent purchasers of late Q model pistols and QD models including the one I purchased. While it cycled bulk ammo reliably right out of the box it exhibited a return to the worst ejection direction I have had out of the past three P22s. So, here is an assessment of how the part fits and how it works.

I'll begin with a picture of the chamber entrance. The feed ramp is very nicely machined, the chamfer at the bottom of the chamber entrance is also very nicely machined. Note the thickness of the chamber steel at the extractor cut. This is the thickest metal I've ever seen at this location. Does it hold the extractor too far away so that the tip doesn't reliably reach the rim of a chambered round in some pistols? I don't know, mine reliably manually extracts CCI, Rem, Win, Federal, etc.. But, the chamber steel on my pistol at the extractor cut has had about 0.007" +/- removed. I have never seen other pistols with this extra cut and one Member here with extraction issues says that his pistol does not have this cut. Chambers I've previously looked at were flush where the rear edge of the extractor cut met the rear of the chamber but the metal was always very thin. Sometimes too thin.

Pictured is a round shoved tight into the chamber. This is as far forward as a round will chamber. You have to look carefully but you can see the additional cut in the chamber at the extractor cut. Does this allow the tip of the extractor to reach in earlier on my pistol? The breech face is recessed to receive the round even though the bottom half is open and the face of the breech block is stopped when it hits the rear of the chamber. So the rim as pictured sits right in the space provided for it between the breech face and rear of the chamber.

Pictured above is a side view of a round sitting on the breech face. As illustrated the front of the rim sits flush with the face of the breech block. This is hard to photograph, for me, with the slide on so I've used just the breech block to picture this.

Above I have shoved a round into the chamber, installed the breech block and used some rubber bands to hold it tight against the rear of the breech as it would sit if installed in the slide because it is hard to handle a camera, a frame, a breech block and because I don't have a tri pod stand....:) What is of note is that you can see where my extractor tip has been moving on the cut and the small gap that the cut out provides for the tip to either drop in or drop in quicker and grab a rim when manually extracting. Remember, when firing, the extractor does not extract the spent case. It is blown out by powerful blowback gasses. So the extraction issue as it relates to the extractor is.....does the extractor pull a round out the chamber when the slide is manually cycled. Mine does....others report theirs doesn't. The question is why?

I hope to get a better picture to illustrate the above but what has proved in the past to give consistent ejection direction is the elimination of the gap between the extractor tip and the front of the rim of a spent case. Using a flat blade feeler gauge the distance between the rear of the stock extractor and the front of a rim/breech face is 0.008" +/-. Neither Walther nor VQ have closed this gap. Close it and ejection direction will be consistent and in a proper direction. I base this on peening several of the original extractors until there was not gap. (Note, do not attempt to peen the revised extractor, the tip will break off). I filed an extractor from the barrel nut handle one time and made it tight enough to hold a round in place against the breech face....ejection direction was consistent and perfect. 1DogFish machined some extractors, purposely leaving the face with a reach that was too far rearward. Each owner filed their for a proper fit. These were great and made of much better material than the one I made from the wrench handle. A slight change and owners would not have to do any additional work. The part could be a drop in.

At this point the question might be asked....why doesn't Walther close the gap....the answer I have heard is that the pistol is sold worldwide and a variety of rim thicknesses must fit behind the extractor. I find this a bit odd though, not that it isn't true but if you look at how a typical round sits on the breech face....I cannot imagine that thicker rimmed ammo would be safe to fire in the P22. If the rim were thicker would the slide slamming shut against the rear of the chamber and pinching the rim cause some rounds to fire? I don' know. It would seem the pistol needs to be precision made here with .22 ammo following some guidelines regarding rim thickness for all .22 firearms. Some of you might be able to add some better information regarding this.

The P22 has what I call a pretty weak extractor. What I mean by that is that the nose of the part is pretty far forward of the pivot point and a small coil spring pivots it in. Other .22 pistols I own and have looked at have much stiffer extractors including a closed breech face that holds a round securely in place. Another concern is that as the face of the breech rail shoves a round forward in the magazine, the nose engages the feed ramp and tilts the round nose up. This causes the rear of the round to be slanted rearward in relation to the vertical breech face. When the rear of the round is released it must slide up the breech face and under the extractor tip. You would not want an extractor to be too tight, too stiff, a rim jam there and possibly ignite. Short, stiffly sprung extractors handle this issue in a variety of ways including a rounded or undercut area on the bottom of the extractor tip that allows the rim to slide into place with no binding. Walther could do better here in my opinion.

I'll add to this as I am able to take better pictures. I hope this shows how the P22 works ( or doesn't) and why a rim won't stay in place on the breech face which contributes to different locations hitting the ejector which causes erratic ejection. For those that are having issues with manually extracting...it would seem the tip of the extractor simply isn't able to reach the rim of a chambered round if everything is clean in the chamber. More information will have to come in where owners compare their pistol to the pictures posted of mine. But, extraction/consistent ejection has been under discussion since day one with the P22. 1917

·
Registered
2 Posts
FYI... I purchased a P22 (Ca Angel Blue) for my wife. We are extremely disappointed with the function of this little pistol, especially considering that I bought this pistol based on the Walther reputation, and of course the girly blue color.

The problem with this pistol is that it repeatedly has "Failure to Eject." Approximately one out of 20 rounds there is a failure to eject. I cycled the slide by hand several times, but the spent round would still not eject. I had to pry the round by the edge of the rim to remove the spent shell. I could see extractor marks on the edge of the rim after I pried out the spent shell.

I do not believe it is a limp wristing issue. There is almost no recoil on this thing. I also shot it and had the same results with failure to eject.

My son was shooting alongside my wife with a Ruger 22/45 and the Ruger experience zero malfunctions with the same ammunition CCI .22LR 36gr 1206 fps.

I'm guessing the extractor is not good. Walther has a 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Not sure if I should send it back for repair, or just return it and not bother with it.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have experienced the exact problem you are having. I think. When the chamber gets dirty rounds do not feed into it smoothly nor do they blow out easily or manually extract easily. To check everything the first step would be to try the plunk test. A round should easily drop into the chamber. If it doesn't you likely have a dirty chamber. Or, out of spec ammo or possibly a bad chamber. Most likely dirt. This fouling of the chamber also makes a round or spent case really stick in the chamber. Which leads to the poorly designed extractor simply allowing the tip to jump over the rim when you try to manually remove the round. You can help it out by pressing down on the nose as you pull the slide rearward...but it is not a good design. I'm not sure I've seen another .22 with a long pivot extractor like it.

On the other hand...a very few pistols have shown up recently with bad chambers. What we've seen is even CCI Mini Mags have had the spent case stick in the chamber. On those pistols a quick trip back to Ft Smith got the chambers honed and problem resolved. The first thing to check though is for a clean chamber and if a round will easily drop into it. The extractor steel is really hard. If you can figure out how to sharpen the tip that might aid in it grabbing the rim. It has to move forward enough so that it can drop in front of the rim without interference from the chamber wall. Then it needs to be sharp enough not to easily ride over the rim.

If you look at the prototype extractor pictured at the bottom you can see I have moved the tip rearward to tighten up fitment against the front of the rim. I've undercut it a bit to make it easier for the rim to slide up between it and the breech face without binding and the portion that grabs the rim is knife edge sharp.

The one pictured in the center is the current stock design. Perhaps you can determine how to sharpen the edge that grabs the rim. If not and rounds keep sticking in a clean chamber...time for a trip back to Ft Smith. 1917

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI... I purchased a P22 (Ca Angel Blue) for my wife. We are extremely disappointed with the function of this little pistol, especially considering that I bought this pistol based on the Walther reputation, and of course the girly blue color.
Hi AV,

Out of curiosity, what is the proof date on your wife’s P22? I bought mine recently (about 6 weeks ago - brand new), and it’s forced me to get into the role of gunsmith sooner than I would have thought. Thanks to 1917 and the P22 Bible, I haven’t tried to shoot it with my XD-40, and it’s accepting slightly more ammo brands than before.

Mine is stamped “DE (Triple Crown) BJ”... so, it was made in Cologne, Germany in 2018. I’m wondering if anyone else has P22 produced from the same batch and is seeing the same numerous amount of problems out of the box.

·
Registered
617 Posts
AVjeeper, before getting too frustrated give the gun a really good cleaning, and try some Mini Mags, use a firm two handed grip. These P22’s are finicky when it comes to ammo. If you had to pry the spent round then perhaps the cleaning will do wonders.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't forget that a couple of pistols have showed up here during the past year that had chamber issues. Weaker ammo cycled while Mini Mags got stuck in the chamber. A quick trip back to the factory for inspection and honing of the chamber cured the issue. Apparently the spent case in the more powerful ammo was expanding against the sides of an irregular chamber. This is a very recent issue as far as I can tell in following the pistol since about 2004. 1917

1 - 19 of 19 Posts