Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that my brand new "PPQ M1" had the markings "BF" on the side of the slide and then later came to find out that this is a brand new 2015 made PPQ M1!! Was wondering how many others out there had brand new 2015 made Q M1's? I thought i read somewhere that Walther made another run of M1's in 2014 but that was it. I really prefer the M1 paddle mag release over the M2 button style. Wondering this because I will be getting another M1 chambered in .40 so if they are still making them this year I hopefully wont have such a hard time trying to find one like i did with my current one. Long live the Q!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok fair enough. i havent shot one yet so i wouldnt know. as far as the 9mms go have you heard anything about Walther producing 9mm M1's from now on and not planning on stopping production like what was supposed to have happened last year? thanks again for your input sir!

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
No, I've not heard anything like that, but, I've not been paying attention either. Seems like Walther tools up and makes a run of a certain pistol, puts em' out in the market and they get busy producing another variety. So, its common to run into dry spells for one platform or another. If it were me and I was wanting another PPQ M1, I'd just pick one up now, rather than wait and then find out that the current batch is ALL GONE and I'd have to wait and HOPE Walther made another run. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in bush.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger that oldfart! Ive already been looking for one since i fell so hard in love with my Q 9mm. This truly is THE BEST polymer pistol out there to date IMO and will be adding a couple more to my collection just for fun.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
If you want a new PPQ Classic (M1 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) better get it while it's hot as they say.

I'd buy another, but my money tree orchard went to hell :p

Oh well, at least I have my two old 2011 Qs.. :)

And one of them is in .40, it was the first PPQ. Not too bad either, on recoil. Certainly tamer than a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 mag with my dad's deer handloads. With THAT hand cannon, all you need is some patience, and to be sitting near a deer trail. Wait a bit, let one come by within a few yards, the rest is up to your hands.

He's put several sets of antlers on the fence with it....he says it's boringly easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts