Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace OEM rear sight on circa 2008 9mm PPS. I've been through Dawson and the new F8 XS sights without success. The ridge on the slide prevents at least these two brands from fitting. Apparently Walther tapered the ridge at the rear sight in more recent years, so it's not a problem with newer pistols. The main reason for replacing is to allow one hand racking, the OEM sight has a front taper which causes the pistol to slide off whatever you are racking against (much to the chagrin of my left thumbnail). I'm a southpaw, so I can't utilize the slide release.

Anyone with one of these older models, please chime in on what sights actually fit. Thank you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used a Tru Dot Night Sight on PSS Classic. Per Amazon
"Meprolight Walther Tru-Dot Night Sight for PPS. Fixed set". I installed myself without a pusher. Ugly on the sides but works 100%- suggest at least a low cost universal sight pusher.

I'm not 100% but I think other PPQ etc sight offerings should fit. The Tru Glow TFX Pro (fiber optic/tritium) has a racking type edge. It will change point of aim to "combat sight picture" to be aware.

·
Registered
97 Posts
...I'm a southpaw, so I can't utilize the slide release...
Are you referring to the slide stop lever? There is no slide release on a PPS. To disengage the slide stop lever you will pull back the slide and allow it to spring forward. Can you do this with your right hand? Do not push down on the slide stop lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts