Walther Forums banner

2005 P99 Questions

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Stoping Power 
#1 ·
I am about to buy a 2005 P99 QA 9mm (my local gun store could not get any 2004 AS models from their distributor) but i'm sure I will be happy with the QA. Anyway, I am trying to decide between the titanium slide or the all black slide. Is the titanium slide possibly more durable than the all black tennifer slide? Which do you think looks better? And the last question, do all 2005 models come with the extended mag release on both sides of the trigger guard? Thanks a lot for any feedback. -Dave

#2 ·
The titanium slide is, I think, more for looks than anything else. You're still getting your tenifer treated carbon steel slide, just with a layer of titanium slapped on. Ergo, there's no benefit in weight. Also, since you probably won't be submerging your pistol in salt water, the titanium is probably wasted (except to look cool I suppose.) More durable? Eh...maybe marginally.

I personally think all black looks better anyway, but that's just me.

And yes, the extended mag release is on all models.

#7 ·
well the AS is not available in the US anymore (or at least very hard to find)...but i'm sure i will like the QA...and i'm planning on lightening the trigger to 5 or 6 pounds with a replacement spring anyway (mainly for target shooting if i don't like the stock 8 pound trigger).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.