Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well,
They have a customer waiting for one.
The only question is will I buy a 9MM or a 40cal?
But I will buy one for sure.
Especially since it will fit my Sidearmor holster.
I will have to order some J hooks for it,
and a larger belt loop for my Andrews magazine carrier.
I swear, all three of those items (pistol, holster, & mag carrier) are state of the art as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
That was my next question, what trigger is the P99c going to have?
If the P99 Compact is going to be DAO or QA, I'll just buy the SW99 Compact for the traditional DA/SA trigger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Although I'm sure it'll function without problem, I'm surprised that Walther would ape the aesthetics of S&W's copy instead of sticking with its own distinctive lines.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In response to my e-mail a few months ago, Walther said that they have no plans to produce their P99 chambered in .45ACP (or 10mm for that matter).

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to see one eventually in .45GAP, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
did anyone else notica that the website above said that it was a restricted item, and would only be sold to police?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Dregan,

Yes, but you also need to notice that the company is in Canada, where the gun laws are more restrictive than in the U.S. So there shouldn't be a problem in the good ol U.S.A.

P88

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmm...don't really like the looks of it. Isn't it just a rebadged SW? I hope Walther will come out with their own original version.

That XD9 subcompact looks mighty good right about now.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I wouldn't rule out a .45 totally from Walther. At one time they said they weren't going to make a compact model either. And they have played around with the .45ACP. The "Big Bore" was a 1911 style gun that never went to production because of the success of the P99. However with SIG, HK, S&W and all the other gun makers producing 1911 style guns now, how much longer before Walter jumps on the band wagon?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts