Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the new model P99's will be going for?
I'm debating between a H&K P2000 and a new frame style P99.
I can get a NIB P2000 for $700, what are the new P99's going to run? I've heard of a price increase, up to the $550 to $600 range.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A P2000 will cost $150 to $200 more than a P99.  I can't tell you why they cost more...but I think you're paying for the name.  That said, its a great firearm.  I have not shot one, but I came close to getting one over the P99.  It felt good in my hand.  As a left handed shooter the fully ambidextrous controls were very attractive, but they weren't worth the extra $150.

When are the new P99s supposed to be coming out? A good place to get a bottom end price is at Gunbroker.  Be sure to add shipping and FFL transfer fee (if applicaple) to the final price.  Check at gunshows too.  When I bought my P99 this past November the best price I saw was $520, highest was $615.  I bought it at my local gunshop/range for convenience and customer loyalty for $595.

I guess you've already got a P99, so a P2000 might be a better option. If I was a person without either, I'd go for the P99 because of the better price (and better looks!).

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have several P99's.
I like the standard light rail on the P2000, and the ergonomics were on par with my P99.
The P2000 feels much more compact than the P99.
I'm guessing it will fall somewhere in between the P99 and the P99 compact in size.
I've been debating on getting a P99 compact, I never really liked my Glock 26 because it was too fat and the P99c will be very similar. My Kahr Mk9 is an excellent deep concealement pistol.
The P2000 would be another option for CCW and home use with a light attached.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The P2000sk will have the same problems that the P99c and the Glock 26 have. Too much width and not enough grip.
I'd rather have a slightly longer grip if I'm going to deal with the full size width.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like your thinking; exact same reason I usually don't like compactified service pistols (though I really was looking forward to the P99C until I saw it). Sorry, I didn't catch your mentioning that on your previous post.

Are you considering any other makes besides Walther and HK? Perhaps a Sig P245 or 1911 style compact would better suit a CCW.

I'm not telling you the things that I personally like. I don't like Sigs for instance. But they're just suggestions because I know people that do like Sigs and so they're worth mentioning from that standpoint.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the H&Ks and Walthers for one reason, the magazine release paddles.
After using the paddle release extensively now for two years, the buttons just seem awkward.
I sometimes carry my Kahr Mk9 but reloading isn't an issue because I never carry a spare mag for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm considering either P99c or P2000sk, without physically handling them, just by the pictures, a P99c slide + P2000sk frame will look nice together.

By the specs, neither compacts really stands out, when comparing with the service size as a yardstick:
(mm/g) Length Height Width Weight
P99 180 135 29 710
P99c 168 109 33 502
P2000sk 163 117 33 676

NM .... have you heard anything about the prices of these compacts so far??

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
P2000sk ......... $800 range
P2000 ........... $750 range
P99c ............ $600 range
P99 '04 ............ $600 range
These are the figures I've heard floating around from various sources.

·
Registered
144 Posts
NM .... I heard that the P99c would be available some time in March, guess we can find out more in a few weeks. The price estimates you listed are what I expected except the P2000sk, ouch .... wonder if the prices of these new models will drop after a few months.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The P2000 I priced last week was $835.
The dealer said he was getting a P2000sk in soon, and it would run about $50 higher.
OUCH..........
btw: I found a NIB P2000 elsewhere for $700.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The P2000 I found in town is listed as $799 and has been sitting here for about two months. It is slightly smaller than P99 and honestly feel good in hand, but it is wider.

I know that I'll be deciding between P99c and P2000sk, of course price will be a factor. Compared to the standard P99, the P99c doesn't have much saving in overall length, and the grip is a bit too short for me, I hope someday there will be some extension grips like Pearce available.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just bought an LNIB (<100 rounds) P2000 LEM with all the paperwork and accessories for $685.
The compacts won't be out for a few months anyway, and that'll give me time to re-build my gun fund.
I'll give a range report and P99 comparison next week sometime.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congratulations!

I would definitely like to hear about what you think of it, especially points in comparison to the P99. I may get one later (much later).

·
Registered
144 Posts
NM .... that was a great price, good job.
Please give us a detailed report and your critical comparison between the P99 and P2000. I believed the LEM trigger can be tuned down to 5.5 lbs, am I right?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm definately going to try and wring out the P2000.
My P99 has treated me too well to dump it for an unproven newcomer.
I should get the P2000 middle to end of next week, along with my wifes new Glock 19.
Should be a fun range day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hello,
i just bought a p-99as .40 for 670.00 dollars,i love to know where all thse people get these deals.

anyone know where i can get a sa m1a standard w/ syn. stock for 1000.oo or close?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts