Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New member here. Used to have a P99 .40 but stupidly sold it years ago. Recently shot one at the range and now I have to have one again (9mm this time though).

Question.

I saw a 2004 model in .40. The slide shape (near the front)appears to be more rounded like the SW99. I have a 2004 catalog that shows all of the pictures with a more flat/angular appearance. Shop did not have a 2004 9mm to look at. I am wondering if all of the pictures in the catalog are 9mm's. I like the flat/angular slide appearance more than the rounded SW99 slide. So do the 2004 9mm's have a more rounded slide like the SW99 or are they still like the older style?

Also, aside from the cosmetic appearances (slide serrations, new frame rail, bump taken out of trigger guard) were there any other changes made to the 2004 models (improvements or things they did worse)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That doesn't have anything to do with his Q.

Swing over to glocktalk and search the threads there, unless that's your thread that I just got done reading =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Riktoven,

Yeah, that's my thread over there too.  Much better response than here.  Funny since this is the "Walther" forum.  I still haven't been able to personally see a new one in 9mm.  California is one messed up state.  The new "2004" P99's have to be approved for sale here.  I don't know how the one shop that had a new .40 in was able to get it.  I'm told that if they try to process that sale/transfer to a buyer that it will be rejected.  Won't that buyer be thrilled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No. The shop I bought it from had to order it. I handled one at another shop, but not sure what year or anything it was.

I picked mine up today though! It is an AE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts