Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any serious problems running various JHP rounds through their late model (2004 or later) P99s?

The reason I ask is that I noticed a difference in the feed ramp geometry in my 1998 Interarms-era P99 as compared to my 2006 P99. The 1998 one has a more squared-off feed ramp bottom, whereas the 2006 feed ramp seems sharper and a little more deliberately "shaped" from the factory.

In particular, I would like to run Winchester Ranger RA9TA 127gr +P+, as well as Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P and possibly Federal's EFMJ.

If anybody has had any bad experiences with these combinations (failures-to-feed in particular), I would like to hear of them so I can avoid learning the same harsh lesson on my own.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My pistol is a 2004 model and I have no problems with any type of ammo. I have shot all of the ammo that you have in you post and I have had zero problems.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've not had a single problem with any ammo in my 2004 P99 ever. If you were going to have problems they'd more likely be with 147gr bullets I think anyway, which also run fine for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Every pistol is a law unto itself. One pistol may work all the time - every time, while another may have any number of issues. I would ask you to get a significant amount of ammunition you plan to use for the real world [300 or more rounds] and shoot it continuously without cleaning. This is the only way to ensure that it does work.

My P99 [I cannot recall its vintage] handles Ranger 127gr +P+ without issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts