Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It's been a bit since I've posted on the board, but I've got a question for you guys.

After a trip to the range a few days ago, while cleaning my P99, I found an abrasion on the top of the frame, right of the trigger springs.  It's on the flat part of the frame, next to the rear right slide rail.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced an abrasion on their frame in this same location. It looks to me like it might be caused from the little metal "tooth" that hangs down from underneath the slide assembly. Ya know, if you're looking at the underside of the slide, the roundish "tooth" that is located a bit behind and to the left of the barrell breech.

Please lemme know what you guys think; your experiences.  Also note, the gun only has about 300 rounds through it, it's still pretty much new.  I haven't experienced any failures of any kind during firing.  Thanks for your time.

-D. Taylor

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I have the same abrasion. I'm not worried-

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have that same thing on every P99 that I've owned, even the new ones.  I'm pretty sure its normal and was probably there before, but you just didn't notice it.  It's never gotten any bigger on any of mine.  I've got two brand new P99's in the safe and they've both got the same thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
stunksinatl: Great question, I'm glad you started this post.  I noticed the same wear about a year ago on my P99 and wondered where it came from, as I hadn't seen it before.

I know it wasn't like that when I first got my P99 3 1/2 years ago, as I gave it a good look over when I first received it, as well as when I cleaned it the first few times.

The wear hasn't changed much since I first noticed it, so like BreakerDave, I'm not worried.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my 40 s and w has the same but much smaller.  its about one eight of and inch long by one sixty-fourth wide. btw mine is a '98 model and i never noticed it before

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 9mm S&W99 has the same abrasion since it was fired the first time.  As it looks to me it is a result of having a very thin plastic layer over a metal insert.  At this particular area the plastic is not strong enough and not flexible enough to hold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts