Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK you alll
call S&W and ask about the 20 round mags.....
give them hell ... they had them in stock for over 2 weeks now and refuse to price them... I guess they are for some special contract.... I don't know

If they are for KIEI for them to sell for over $90 I am going to be soooo pissed....

anyhow call them ..... part #2704587 just in case they tell you they don't have them.... ask them why they can't sell them....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ship..
I think it is bad info...
I called 4 times now... last guy I talked to said he would find out about it... and told me today they were for some contract...
I think its bullshit.....but to tell you the truth if Earl's sells them for $95 and KIEI for $89 (marked with a $10 savings right now) I be damned to not buy them from Earl's if S&W doesn't get their hea out of their ass and start selling them....
once more the only reason they found them was due to part #

*edit... sorry for the language but I had a bad day....

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I know what ya mean. I may eventually get 1, but it isn't a priority at the moment. The price is still too high for me. Paying in the $30's for the 15 rounders is ok, and if it were $50 or $55, I might get 1 sooner.

For now, I am busy stacking up ammo and want 1 more mag for my PS90 (I have 4, I'd like at least 5 - I suspect that the PS90s and 50 round mags may be affected by the democrats). So, I'm not even gonna worry about a 20 round P99 mag for now. I'll probably get one next year if I get one.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I have seen that....
but I am not sure how it is to ship mags from Germany to the US.....
I would caution on mags..... not sure if any import license is requiered

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Now my question is do these 20 rd mags require a mag grip extension like the compact version? My understanding was that the grip extension protects the extractor/ejector. If that is the case then one would now need a grip extension for the 20 rders too...heck, for a an extra 4-5 rds, the price of the mag and the extension don't seem to be worth it to me. I can buy two 15 rders, for a total of 30rds and be almost the same price as the one 20rd mag...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unless the 20rd mag is $45-50, it is not worth it to me . . . not for another 5 rounds. I would rather buy two 15rds for the same price.

·
Patron
211 Posts
What is KIEI??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got an email back from S&W:

"Unfortunatley we do not have the 20 round magazines available for retail sale here in the U.S. as of yet. Check back sometime in April."

I thought I would check. Not really interested in them, unless the price is reasonable, as I stated before.

·
Patron
211 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the 20 round mag should not be over $65 retail.....
Earl's sells them for $95 and those guys for $89 right now....
that is a rip-off
I just got a email from S&W also.....

[Add to Address Book]

To:<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:RE: Waltheramerica website and support
Date:Monday, February 05, 2007 10:59:08 AM
[View Source]
We do not sell these magazines. They are put aside for a special order only

kf
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 6:24 PM
To: Smith & Wesson Support
Subject: Waltheramerica website and support

I been calling your Waltheramerica section ofthe company over and over to get a price on 20 round P99 mags. I have talked to a CS rep 3 times in 2 weeks now and was told there is 400 in stock but as there is no price he can't sell them to me.....
There is already another vendor offering those mags for over $90.....

Who can I contact to get some of those 20 round mags.....

Oliver

·
Patron
211 Posts
Sounds like S&W hasn't completely gotten over their lack of love for the general public.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts