Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm and it's a tack driver. It makes me look good! I have a pic of a range report: 4yds, 115gr on 5.0 Unique (reloads). I also shot my Shield 9mm, Taurus 709 and Glock 19 4th gen at same rang, same box of reloads. 7rds for the Walther,14rds for Taurus,7rds for Shield and 8rds for Glock, all offhand. Walther was best, Taurus terrible, Shield next then Glock. I may have been better with any one of them but it is a fairly good comparison. I think I'll be getting a couple more Walthers and selling off a couple others...Taurus being one. First time with the Taurus, 1st time with Walther.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,659 Posts
Lots to love about the PPQ....nice grouping with that Q too.

Welcome to the Forums.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome you do realize the more you shoot it the more it wants to be held right :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
selling off a couple others...Taurus being one.
Not that I'm advocating for Taurus, but it may just be that that particular load doesn't group well out of that gun. Obviously if you don't want to bother developing a load that will work well, and you're not willing to test factory ammo, then it makes the most sense to sell it, but deciding that it's not capable of better accuracy due to how it performs with one specific handload is shortsighted. Also, Unique, while certainly a flexible powder, isn't always the best choice; the big flakes means it doesn't meter all that well, and as a result, the consistency isn't as good as with some other powders, at least when used with a volumetric powder drop like the ones on most progressive presses. That wouldn't apply if you're individually weighing charges.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll keep the Taurus for now and like you said, try some different loads or some factory stuff. I have seen others have pretty good luck with this pistol and I like the size of it. But I'm really impressed with the Walther....one has to try to miss :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts