Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day out with my new P99AS 2004. It was really great but the trigger pinches my finger. I changed the way I pull the trigger to compensate for this but I still don't like being pinch by my trigger. Is this common? Is there a remedy other than using the finger tip instead of the fleshy pad between joints?

Another thing that I noticed was groupings 2-3inches lower than what I shot with my XD. This improved with about 75 rounds, but was still some what low.

Any thoughts?
Chris Cahill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unless your low POI is due to flinching, try replacing the front sight with a shorter one from the ones supplied with the pistol. For instance, if a "4" is installed, replace it with a "3". It might be a good idea to have a couple of experienced shooters try out the pistol just to make sure it's the front sight and not a flinch. As for the trigger pinching, go to this link and scroll down to find my reply. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
http://www.gothammarketing.com/bb....release

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Is yours a 40 S&W or 9mm? I had the bottom hook of the trigger yank up on my trigger finger from the sharper recoil of the 40 cal. and it felt like it was being pinched. I never found a solution, so I sold it and purchased one in 9mm and have never been happier. You could experiment with the different back straps to see if that helps. The largest one helped me on the 40 cal., but I could not shoot very well with that set up, accuracy - wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts