Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just getting the Gf familiar with her new PK380.I was walking her through the loading the chamber with an empty mag.

I put a mag in and racked the slide...does this one require ammo in it to slide forward or am I missing something obvious?

You can't let the slide go forward with the mag in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was just getting the Gf familiar with her new PK380.I was walking her through the loading the chamber with an empty mag.

I put a mag in and racked the slide...does this one require ammo in it to slide forward or am I missing something obvious?

You can't let the slide go forward with the mag in.
Not if the mag is empty. You have to drop the mag and then pull on the slide to get it to snap back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm asking I think.The mag was empty and the slide would not go forward....if the mag was loaded will the slide go forward after racking a round or does the mag still have to be dropped?

I'm sure I'm over thinking this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched a vid of it last night and saw it was normal.

I haven't fired it yet so I'm not loading in the house right now.Plus, I had to teach the gf how it all worked.....didn't want to have a hot gun in the house without trust in it.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
The slide is supposed to stay open on the last round - so you know it is empty. That's why when you have the empty mag in it, it doesn't want to close.

Yes, with rounds still in the magazine, it will close for each shot. All semi autos pretty much work that way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put about 150 rounds through her today...had several FTF.S&B FMJ.

This happened to my Gf 5 times and me once.Not sure what this was all about.I did have some other ammo but didn't think to swap it out and see if that helped.

My new XD40sc had no issue whatsoever.

The little Pk was a blast to shoot though.You could do this all day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't know what to look for.I brought it home and cleaned it.It looks and operates normally.

I'm a fairly new shooter so this might be our issue...her especially.

What is the deal with limp-wristing?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
What is the deal with limp-wristing?
Short story, if the frame/grip isn't held firmly the kinetic energy of the recoiling slide will be wasted and various malfunctions can occur.

It is a term worth doing some searching to get the idea of, some guns are more prone to it than others (even within a model or a production run ... very gun-specific) and there are some things you can do to help the efficency of the slide's motion like greasing the rails.
I think it is a symptom of a flinch as much as a non-firm grip, personally. But getting someone to admit to a flinch is pretty hard ...
... You can do an objective test for a flinch, though. Get some of those snap-caps you already bought, load them into the magazine with live ammo at random, then hand it off to your shooting buddy. Watch for a hammer fall on a snap-cap accompanied by a flinch. Try not to laugh, the next magazine is your turn to be tested.

I eliminated flinching with that drill (search "ball and dummy drill for more info" and dry-fire, plus a LOT of rimfire shooting.

Have a more seasoned shooter give it a try to make sure it isn't you two if those ideas don't help.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, it got me once but got her 5 times.That's why I asked.She seemed to have the issue...a few times it was the 1st round after loading.I chalked that up to not letting the slide slam home.I think she was holding it back a little.

1st time out for it so who knows.My XD40sc was 100% but she only pulled that trigger once.She put it right down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts