Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last weekend took my new/used P99 out to the range.
went through 300 rounds flawless. used the "cheap" target ammo from blazer, magtech & winchester in 115gr, 124gr FMJ and 147gr TCMC.

i always liked the way the p99 looks, and after i've seen the 2004 model(which i personally don't like), i finally decided to go ahead and get a pre-'03 model before they get to hard to find. i also really like the "Walther USA" markings on the slide.

i bought this gun for it's looks, so i was a little worried about the trigger bite/pinch problem i read on line. however, i was very happy with the way it performed, and not experiencing any pinching/FTF or FTE's was definetly a plus.
also, some people "complained" about the mag release, and about having to shift the gun too much in their hand to operate it. i'm 5'9", 175lbs and have small(er) hands, yet i have to problem operating the mag release. i actually noticed that if i use my trigger finger and thumb on both levers at the same time, i don't have to move my hand position at all it almost feels easier and more natural then the "traditional" mag releases.

one thing i did not expect, was the muzzle flip. i have no problem shooting my Glock 22, and maybe because the P99 it's a 9mm i was expecting no muzzle flip at all....
despite the unexpected muzzle flip, the P99 was quite easy to shoot fast... (see target 6)

here's a pic of the first 6 targets @ 15 yrds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey now... it's not a rug it's a blanket

i just took some quick pics... didn't have time to "set up"..... i'll take some better pics soon...

·
Registered
141 Posts
thanks for the pics is nice to compare the difference in the acuracy of the ammo.

the 3 targets shows nice groups

btw did you shoot fast or normal

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (xander27z @ April 14 2005,2:11)]i bought this gun for it's looks, so i was a little worried about the trigger bite/pinch problem i read on line.
The "trigger bite" is generally caused by a rough spot on the magazine release lever. It's easy enough to find with your finger. If you didn't experience it during your first session, I don't think you'll have a problem in the future.

I love my P99. No matter what I do, it's my most reliable, accurate and comfortable pistol. I'm going to make it my carry gun for all of those reasons. I've found WWB to be very reliable and accurate ammo for me. Over 5000 rounds in 6 different guns and not a single problem round. Pics of my baby (and some of my targets) are on my web site, here: http://users.adelphia.net/~navy87guy/index.html

Happy shooting!

Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stoping Power @ April 14 2005,8:15)]thanks for the pics is nice to compare the difference in the acuracy of the ammo.

the 3 targets shows nice groups

btw did you shoot fast or normal
my intention was to take my time and try to see how accurate the gun was.... but after the first shot.... i just couldn't do it... too much anticipation... excitement.... i just let it have it ....and emptied the mags fast....  

remainds me of ....oops never mind ... wrong forum  

the 6th one was the fastest.

i was actually wondering if WWB 115gr were more accurate then the others, or if my shooting improved towards the end, after shooting a few rounds..

·
Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (xander27z @ April 14 2005,2:53)]hey now... it's not a rug it's a blanket

i just took some quick pics... didn't have time to "set up"..... i'll take some better pics soon...
better?........shit...............how?....the pics are excellent plus as is. pictures are worth thousands of words. this is one of the best posts ive seen here. the targets with ammo box tops is as brilliant idea

1 - 10 of 10 Posts