Walther Forums banner

1sGen pics of my handy work

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DarkeWolf 
#1 ·
it wasn't much but I decided to do alittle customization on my new piece. some of you may have heard of this trick using the crayon but for those of you who haven't it's really simple. first decide what color you want to make the letters or anything that has any type of inlay on your gun. next go to your kids crayon box and grab said color and take off the paper. next briskly rub the crayon back and forth in all manners in all areas to insure that the wax for the crayon goes inside all of the stamps portion of what you're trying to color. Once you've done this go ahead and take a dry cotton rag or used t-shirt and go ahead and start rubbing back and forth across the inlay until you start seeing the wax removed on the surface of the area. Youll notice the wax stays inside the embossed, or stamped, grooved space. you may have some spots where the wax didn't take but that's quite alright just go ahead and take your crayon and lightly go over it should take a little practice but you should be able to make sure that all the emboss area is fully covered in the wax. repeat these steps until all the emboss area is filled with the color and after your done with that go ahead and wipe it off briskly with that cotton rag again. this works great on magazines as well. when you're done it looks like a professionally done job and it actually stays a lot longer than you would think. To remove it just get a needle or a toothpick and go through the emboss area and just remove the wax until it's all gone. here are a few pics to show you the end product.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Heya Gunny! Welcome to the site!
Thanks for the tip, but yeah, I've been doing the crayon trick for many years now, and it really does help on the witness holes in the mags, and to spruce up the stamping on slides.
I've always just rubbed off the excess with a fingernail afterwards, but to each their own ;)
Fingernail polish also works too :)
I've also been known to dab a little glow in the dark paint into some of the dots on my sights here and there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.