Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I paid an arm, a leg and a kidney for it. I've told my dearest "this is my last Walther pistol" many times, but this is the last one for sure. I actually mean it now especially given the $ I've wasted trading and selling pistols.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice. I’ve given up saying that I have enough Walther pistols. I am partial to wartime P38s (mainly early and late war models), 1950s thru early 1970s PP, PPK, and PPK/S Models as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
My bride remains blissfully unaware of what I spend on guns. The money I used to blow on cigarettes is now my 'no questions asked' cash. But I figure my 'heirs and assigns' will see a couple bucks out of them.
Moon

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a question. If I were to carry this PPK in a belt holster, is there a type/brand of holster that's least punishing on the finish of a pistol?

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Here's a question. If I were to carry this PPK in a belt holster, is there a type/brand of holster that's least punishing on the finish of a pistol?
Yes. It's called a 'gun rug', where this beauty should reside until you take it to the range.
Few things are as hard on a blued gun as carrying it in any kind of holster.
Moon

Reactions: MGMike

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right. I do plan on shooting it but realize there are likely no holster options that wouldn't beat it up. (If I were to carry a PPK it would have to be my stainless.) I do need to get a gun rug, for now it's out of the box and wrapped in a old t-shirt I use to wipe down my pieces with Ballistol.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
You are fortunate to have the stainless alternative. :)

Moon

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Unless you bought it as in investment a little honest holster wear is not a big deal. If (like me) you never intend to sell it, the pleasure you'll get from wearing it is worth quite a few $.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lol - I'm so conflicted on what I should do with this pistol other than keep it and treasure it! (I have found that uncle mike #4/5 pocket holsters are pretty soft.) There's a similar PPK to mine at Leg. Collectibles (LC) that already sold. It was a 1978 Ulm/IA PPK like my 1980 also in 380. LC provided a little history on the piece they sold stating it was likely on the tail end of LEO imports. My seller (our local "Walther King") said my PPK was owned by an LEO who bought it and keep greased it the wrapper/box/safe for many years. For now I'm letting it be in the safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts