Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to the forum, I picked up a 32 this weekend, it's in good shape, just a little wear (a little of the bluing Rubbed of at the end of the barrel).
I ran about 50 pmc thru it and had quite a few FTF's (6-10%) when it did feed I was really surprised at the accuracy!
It came with 1 mag, no box or papers, has a "71" near the marks so based on what I've read it was made in 1971.
I doesn't seem to have been shot much at all before I got it. It was clean but it didn't take off the grips.
Question: should I just try some different ammo and let it break in some before I start polishing the feed ramp or anything in efforts to fix the failure to feed?

I paid $500.00 for it which seemed like a decent deal based on the condition.

I appreciate any help or advice.
Mike

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,690 Posts
Why does everyone want to "polish the feed ramp"....
Thoroughly clean your weapon including the magazines and its springs
lube your weapon
try a few different brand ammos
check your shooting grip....limp wristing will cause FTFs

If the problem persists get a Wolff spring kit and replace springs
If it still has FTFs try M&M or Luger Doc...

Usually polishing a feed ramp causes more problems then it solves...

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Check your recoil spring. The tight (narrow) end goes on the barrel with the larger end towards the muzzle. If it's on backwards it'll cause failures to feed or eject.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Before you do a thing, read the Sticky, as MgMike initially suggested, and then thoroughly clean your magazines, the insides especially, as Olsoul suggested. Then return to the range with a few different brands of ammo and try again, carefully tracking which of the ammo brands performs best. Many of these sorts of problems can be solved by looking first at the mags and the ammo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your help, I'll follow the sticky. I had checked the spring before I tried it as I read that on the forum, the feed ramp would have been a last resort but it looked fine also.
After 45 years.... it took me 1 day to put a ding in the top of the mag with a failure to eject and/or feed. I'll clean the mag also, and I need some other anyway.
Again, thanks for your input!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The .32 iteration of the PP series has a reputation for being less finicky about its diet as compared to the .380 version. The default setting on the .32s usually is 'it works'. Keep us posted.
Moon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cleaned the mag (it was like new, not dirty) stopped real quick by and tried some Anguilo? 71 gr ammo, Perfect-not one FTF or FTE
Started with 3 in mag, then 4 to full worked flawless!
Thank you everyone!

Here's my other "situation" Before I found this at a gun show I saw a 1989-1990 stainless inter arms w/box, papers and everything, again Hardly fired at all. Since it was a trade in from someone I put some money down (as I couldn't pick it up for 30 days because they just got it as a trade). The price was $600.00 (maybe a little high on price, but I wanted one). So should I just end up with the .32 and bail on the 380 or just keep them both as they are different (I haven't shot the 380 yet)
Any opinions?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The Interarms/Ranger stainless pistols were domestically made and are nice guns; price is a little high, but there are only so many of them. Your blued PP should be an import.
The standard gun board response is 'get both', and it will work here.
You'll find the recoil of the .380 more noticeable.
Jimbo suggested a MecGar mag for your .32 (they are 'factory'). Glad the .32 is running; Privi Partizan and Fiocchi run fine in .32s; look online.
You've already had your lecture on home gunsmithing. ;)

Moon

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
There's nothing wrong with having both but .32ACP is a lot more fun to shoot than .380ACP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts