Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need input on parts availability (or not) for one of these rifles. Items that might wear/break or I might loose: firing pins, extractors (springs and plungers) trigger parts; things like that. Are they readily available from a supplier or sometimes maybe on Ebay, or not to be found.

If I can't get parts I may need, I probably won't buy the rifle.

Any help appreciated.

Hank

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hank,

I had a bunch of KKM parts that I sold over the last years and there are three different firing pins for the old KKM rifles and as many different triggers, none interchangeable. Parts availability in the U.S. is poor and irregular at best.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hank,

I had a bunch of KKM parts that I sold over the last years and there are three different firing pins for the old KKM rifles and as many different triggers, none interchangeable. Parts availability in the U.S. is poor and irregular at best.
Thank you for the information. I'd probably be better for choosing something easier to repair if necessary.

Hank

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hank,

it is getting also harder to find repair parts for the Anschutz 1400 series match rifles. Firing pin, there are only two kinds for the 1400 that are exchangeable, more or less, have no suppliers left.

I had sold a lot of Anschutz and Walther parts when my son was in med school to help him financially and get him more immersed into my hobby. For each Walther part that I sold, I probably sold 15 Anschutz parts.

I have parts for my own rifles only left - among it a complete .22 l.r. KKJ small parts kit - and my sources have long dried up.

If you are concerned with spare parts availability , the vintage German match rifles are a poor choice. On the other hand, I had taken care of dozens of club guns and had experienced very few parts failures.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I'll take another look at the 1807 I've been offered. I may sleep better having some thing like that....:).

Thanks again, Andy.

Hank

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hank,

while it is a higher initial investment, you can still stock up on parts and have peace of mind. Anschutz is really reducing their spare parts stock during the last decade they sold off parts from the first 60 years.

Have a merry Christmas!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hank,

while it is a higher initial investment, you can still stock up on parts and have peace of mind. Anschutz is really reducing their spare parts stock during the last decade they sold off parts from the first 60 years.

Have a merry Christmas!

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family, Andy. I appreciate all the help you've given me.

Hank

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
There are so many unidentifiable variations of KK-series Walther rifles that the only way to be sure that some part will fit is to select one that exactly matches the original. I have a batch of firing pins, all different; I won't sell one unless the buyer first sends me a tracing of his old one. It'll just too much trouble going back and forth otherwise.

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts