Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys consider as a good price for a blued PPK in .380 with brown grips, manufactured in 1968 with no import marks that looks like it has never been fired. I saw this gun at a local dealer unfortunately he would not let me take a picture of it, but it is in excellent condition. It comes with 2 magazines, the original alligator box and cleaning rod and all the original paper work. I know if I buy this I will not be able to get myself to shoot it and it will wind up staying in the safe. I already have 3 PPK/S and 1 PPK but this one is in better shape than any of the ones I have.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Prices for the .380 model have been hovering at $1,000 and $1,500 depending on the condition and the crowd. The .32 model is still hitting the $2,000 to $2,500 mark on good days.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'd buy it in that price range ... but they are a bear to shoot in .380 - so in my safe it would probably repose peacefully.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you don't get it, send me his info. I'll buy it at that price all day long and pay the transfer fees and have no issues shooting in .380.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PPK

I do have an Interarms PPK in 380. Its and stainless steel one that is in average shape and I carry often. Its not too bad to shoot I don't have an issue with small 380's. I rotate between the PPK and a Glock 43 for carry guns. I am more accurate with the PPK than with the 43. The shop is closed until Friday due to the holiday. If I don't buy it I will post the dealer information Friday afternoon for you guys to fight over it. I will again try to take a picture of it and post it Friday afternoon.
Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Copy and paste from a post I recently made elsewhere, on the same topic:

Here are some recent real-world sales of 1960s Walther PPK in 380:

Here is a pristine gun with the original box and two magazines, sold for $2025:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796908944

Here is a gun with tons and tons of holster wear, original box and one magazine, sold for $1550:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796232423

And here is the one I just bought, seemingly in great condition, with original box, six magazines, two mag pouches and a holster for $1525:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797980746

FWIW....

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
Ouch, ouch and dammit! Those are pricey, tho' it looks like you got a nice specimen, Pantera.
Wonder what happened to BMW's gun? If he got it, he should be laughing all the way to the bank.
Moon

·
Registered
592 Posts
-- I just paid $1,800 for a mint 1980 Ulm/IA PPK in .380 ACP. That was steep price, but my last pistol purchase. I do realize that for $1,800 I could have purchased two 90% pre-war PPKs; or, one nice wartime PPK; or, close to three new Fort Smith pistols. However, a big part of its lure was being a post GCA PPK and my reasoning that it's not likely many made it in after 1968.
-- It's important to know the options before making a big purchase, but what makes sense for some Walther owners might not for others.

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
-- I just paid $1,800 for a mint 1980 Ulm/IA PPK in .380 ACP. That was steep price, but my last pistol purchase..

Hoping (and assuming) that there is nothing catastrophic in your life, but "my last pistol purchase" sounds like wishful thinking. ;)
Moon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts