·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parabellus' pics prompted me to take some pics of my 1966 Walther PPK .380:

·
Registered
361 Posts
That is a very nice looking gun you got there!

I am so tempted to go and buy a 69 PPK/S at a somewhat local pawn shop it is killing me. Looking at this gun and Parabellus' gun just tempts me even more. The only problem is that the gun slide has been refinished. The frame looks great and you can see the serial number great, but you can tell on the slide that it has been chromed. The numbers and the "interams" logo are not as crisp. Still they only want $300 for it, and I think I could get it for $250. OH, the temptation.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Man that is in great condition.
ispeed: unless the PPK is a beater, I would have a hard time resisting a '69 for $250- 300. Oh, the temptation indeed.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Verrrrry nice indeed mm6mm6,

That's the ticket. Lets bring all the pretty little PPs and PPKs out of their closets and into the forum.;)

ispeed,

If you've got the bug then go for it. If not the one you have misgivings about then save your bucks and get the one that really calls out to you when you find it. Mine almost got away. The thing is, if you are a collector then you will hold out for a collectable and pay more for a gun that may not shoot too well. I just ordered a set of springs from Wolff to hopefully bring mine up to full functionality. Once it works like I want it to I'll stash it in the safe and just bring it out for photo-ops.:cool:

Russell

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wonder if I would drawn and quartered if I bought that gun and had it engraved similar to mm6's other guns???? Since it is the 1st year of the PPK/s in the US and all.

Just thinking about though, it most likely can't be engraved w/o first buffing off the chrome which would then almost completely take off the Walther banner and info off the other side. :mad: I might leave it alone for a couple and weeks and if I go back and it is still there ... maybe I could give a good home. Kinda like setting something free and if it returns back to you ...

I must say, that I certainly haven't seen all the guns on this forum and I don't know if it's just his photography skills, but I am very impressed with mm6's collection. Don't recall seeing any better, but I am sure other will try.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for such kind words ispeed! Check out Michael Gouse's website at www.mtart.com and then give him a call and talk it over with him. You might be surprised at what he can do and how little it might cost. He has worked wonders in the past....
-Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts