Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I have a chance to buy a 1965  USED(98%) older W.German PPK with box, manual and target.
Gun will be a carry piece, not a collectible.
 I really like the gun  and in 1965 had a couple at $85.00 each but  now at $850, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's sweet!!
And a Year older than Me Too!! @41
Looks mint & so is the box etc..
Bet it shoots sweet!!
B92

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
That's an excellent price. Usually pieces like that command well over $1K. Curious as to why it's being offered at such a great price, particularly as most were made in .32 ACP caliber, not the rarer .380 caliber like this one.

Definitely get it, but if you're going to carry it, make sure you keep it well oiled. Those older models will rust up on you quickly without oil on their fine finish to protect them.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well I'd buy it but I don't think I carry much because of value. Its only going up Other thing if you ever used in SD you know were you pistol is headed . I read other day a guy is still trying to get his pistol back. Police have been holding for long time. They claim yes looks like a good shooting NOW but   maybe later things might change and we will need pistol. Now this is BS  But sure be nice wat for someone to enlarge their collection.:blues: Oh I almost forgot remember the older ones bite the hand ,jam a lot,  don,t like hollow points, and have Horrible triggers .Just ask obout a PPK on any gun board.
But people always say buy the German one which wasn't really made in Germany. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Buy it. It is a fair price. I would carry it also, and I do. Great quality. Only have someone look over it, and parts are still available.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Very nice! I paid $600 for mine in similar condition to yours, but it didn't come with the box, manual and target.

·
Registered
280 Posts
P88, you found a pretty good deal! That is about what I gave for my .32 '67 ppk.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
walrus,

I was happy with it.  Mines also a .32 '67.  When I walked into the gun store, the owner said "I just got your pistol in", and he was right, as soon as he handed it to me, I didn't let go of it the whole time I was in the store.  

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I bought the PPK shown above.1967                          380 ACP                                                    
Had to shell out  $975 since others were also interested
It will go with my other classics
1951 Colt Government
1952 FN Hi Power
1981 S&W Model 39

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is another on Auction Arms
Go for it

Walther -- Walther PPK German .380 Complete No Reserve