Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly acquired 1944 Walther PP with military acceptance marks. A veteran bringback from a member of the 6th Armored Division, I have the capture papers and short biography of the serviceman. Matching serial numbers 3700XXP found on right side slide and frame. Eagle over N proof marks on right side slide and ejection port. Waffenamts WaA359 on left side frame and slide. Original checkered grips, no cracks to be found. Original flat bottom magazine. $1,399 with the capture papers. I love the history of the machine marks present on the 44 and 45 models. I have heard the W on the magazine signifies it was not hardened, is this true?. I would appreciate any and all information and opinions on the pistol. Thank you.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gas Gun barrel
Camera accessory Camera lens Gas Gadget Font
Rectangle Wood Gas Art Circle
Furniture Skyscraper Wood Rectangle Gas

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum and great first post. That's the kind of comprehensive description I like.

You are correct about the "W". It's short for "weich" meaning soft. According to Marschall (page 59, 3rd Ed.) this change wasn't implemented on the PP until 1944. Other magazines are stamped "U" for unhardened. I don't have any of these magazines in my collection so I don't know how well they will perform after 75 years.

Do you have a holster for it?

You should get Dieter Marschall's book on Walther pistols if you don't already have a copy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and great first post. That's the kind of comprehensive description I like.

You are correct about the "W". It's short for "weich" meaning soft. According to Marschall (page 59, 3rd Ed.)this change wasn't implemented on the PP until 1944. Other magazines are stamped "U" for unhardened. I don't have any of these magazines in my collection so I don't know how well they will preform after 75 years.

Do you have a holster for it?

You should get Dieter Marschall's book on Walther pistols if you don't already have a copy.

RedCat,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the information concerning the magazine. I will be ordering the Marschall book tonight, thank you for that resource. I do not yet have a holster, any recommendation as to which would be most correct? Tips on what to look for? Thank you for your help in getting me started.

David

Premium Member
The most common vintage flap holster that would match your PP will usually be made from brown leather with a single belt loop and a magazine pocket. But of course there are many variations too.

Condition will drive the price and those with military or police proof marks will demand a premium.

Keep in mind that these are 75+ years old. You can expect to see heavy wear, torn stitches, amateur repairs and modifications, hand written names, GI serial numbers, etc.

Here are two of mine. These are for a PPK and a Mauser HSc but the common PP holsters look identical.

Good luck in your search.
Brown Product Bag Rectangle Material property

1 - 4 of 4 Posts