Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pistol recently came up and I’m wondering if it’s worth it. Serial # puts it at 1940 manufacture, no waffenampts, but at 1940 most likely someone important enough to carry a gun. One magazine and a standard black leather holster, asking $1000 shipped for it, seems a little high to me, thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not out of bounds price-wise.

In 1940, commercial purchase was still feasible, including by officers for their personal sidearm outside of ordnance channels.

If I were looking for a wartime PP, this would be exactly what I'd look for: Well used and lots of carry wear, but well taken care of and not a spot of corrosion visible anywhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not out of bounds price-wise.

In 1940, commercial purchase was still feasible, including by officers for their personal sidearm outside of ordnance channels.

If I were looking for a wartime PP, this would be exactly what I'd look for: Well used and lots of carry wear, but well taken care of and not a spot of corrosion visible anywhere.
I have a wartime PP 1944, I picked that one up for $725, so this felt a little heavy. Could also be that maybe I just got a nice deal on that one so this feels a little pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts