Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just received my latest edition to the Walther Family. I picked up a PPK which I'm pretty sure was manufactured in the summer of 1940. This weapon has a metal base to the magazine, I've never seen one like this. Any thoughts, places I can look for info on this weapon. I've posted a few PICs and can provide more if anyone needs them. Anyway, nube to the forum, glad to be here and hopefully learn a lot more from those here that really know.

OK not able to attach PICs at the moment. I'll get them posted as soon as I fan figure out what's going wrong

Thanks.....Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK guys, I've tried all that I know to attach PICs. The stats say that you can post a .jpg with a height and dimension 1200 x 1200. however, I've lowered my PICs to 500 and still can get them to attach. Just get a error message saying the, "Upload of file failed". Any thoughts??

.....Jim

·
Registered
686 Posts
That finger rest looks like the one on the Beretta 34.
Just what I was thinking only I was going to say a 1935 which is 7.65 caliber.
Looks identical to finger rest base plates on three original Beretta Magazines I have.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Looks to me like a souvenir pistol perhaps chromed in Germany during the occupation. The finger rest looks to be a Walther body with a F/R from another mag. I sure wouldn't throw it out of the safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea, this one is kind of a mystery to me. I had a Smith that I trust look at it and he feels it was manufactured in the summer of 1940. So the mag is possibly from an earlier model? Would a Baretta mag fit in this thing. The mag fits really snugly and I do mean "really snugly"

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea, this one is kind of a mystery to me. I had a Smith that I trust look at it and he feels it was manufactured in the summer of 1940. So the mag is possibly from an earlier model? Would a Baretta mag fit in this thing. The mag fits really snugly and I do mean "really snugly"
The magazine body is a Walther. Your photo shows the Walther banner on the magazine. It is the finger rest base plate that appears to be a Beretta design.
I just gently tried a Beretta 1935 Magazine in a PP. It was quite loose, not tight as you describe.
I once tried to use a Walther PP flat base plate on a Beretta magazine as the Beretta finger rest just gets in the way of my large hand. It is easier to just let my pinky ride under the base of the magazine. The Walther base plate was loose on the Beretta magazine just by a little. The base plate was just a tad wide and did not get a good purchase on the magazine ears or rails. Loose enough though that it was not prudent to use it in fear of the base plate coming off under spring pressure of a loaded magazine.. In your case the opposite would be the case. The Beretta base plate would be a tight fit on the rails of the Walther magazine. Someone could have just used a little extra force to make it slide on or perhaps filed a tiny bit from the Walther magazine rails to get it to fit.
In any case, that finger rest base plate sure looks like a Beretta part to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you gents for all the info. I have some new Rose wood grips on order. I'll show my PPK some much needed love and post a few PICs when it's all said and done.

Thanks again.....Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts