Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to forums just wanted some help in value, history and use of this gun. It’s my “dress carry” occasionally and I’d love to have a bit more facts. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
It's a commercial sold Walther Zella-Mehlis PP, probably made in 1936.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for my lack of understanding. Are you saying that just some guy bought it and used that holster?it seems a hair dressy for common wear. Then again, I just stick a 45 in my waste band... Or would police and or military purchase their own equipment? Any idea on value? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
...that was worn for military and police...

...but was available for comercial use as well. OP's gun is not military nor police.

In the mid 30s party members, (para-) militaries, police officer (for self defence) brought their guns privately w. a permission to do so.

We are unable to tell, if gun and holster were bought together. But they are time correct - so it could be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That explains my confusion, I was under the impression civilians could not buy arms. So we are suggesting that this is a possible police rig? Or even possibly likely some sort of military officer? Either way was ilbought at private sale. That sounds interesting, is there anyway to research your records on where it was sold or bought?. Also would anybody have some sort of a ballpark value?

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Asked records (f.e. where sold) are not available, sorry.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Caliber should be 7,65mm Browning = .32 Auto

No idea of a value in the USA as I'm from Germany ;)

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
So we are suggesting that this is a possible police rig? Or even possibly likely some sort of military officer? Either way was ilbought at private sale.
Try to be more detailed: It's also possible a German jeweler bought the gun for protection or a party member of the NSDAP bought it for wearing w. his party uniform etc.pp.

The only stint was getting/having a permission. The first uniform gun control law in Germany was established 04/12/28.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NSDAP? I’m assuming this is the political branch of what will eventually become the Nazi party. I would say, based on my limited experience with other firearms this makes sense. An officer in the party or patrolman in police, though I would think police guns would be struck with a proof, the holster seems too paramilitary to be a civilian purchase. The only real wear on the gun is from holster rubs, so it looks to have been carried for a bit of time. Shame we can’t get more info than that. Although not an elephant stopper it does snug nicely in the waste band for concealed carry. If I ever get a chance to go to dinner with ***** Galore I’ll be sure to bring extra bullets😉. Thanks again for the insight tell Merkel I said hi, and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Matt

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
NSDAP = Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei = the Nazi party

Police guns were marked seperately, eagle/c or eagle/f for example. By the way: My dad, a German huntsman, wore an Anuschat holster together with his PPK ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts