Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the forums. I have an old PP or PPK, .32 and I believe it is a 1934. I have seen quite a few of these, however I have not seen any like mine. The Serial starts with 825XXX. There is no P or K at the end. The Walther banner is Gold and the Fire indicator or the dot under the safety is gold as well. There are no markings on the slide. No banner, no markings for the caliber. The only markings are on the barrel a crown above an N, and the serial number on the frame. It was passed down to me by my dad. Any help with which firearm this actually is and what it might be worth would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
It has a proof mark, but the lack of other roll marks on the slide and the overall finish suggests wartime production, although I would have expected a maker code under the serial number.

The gold on the grips and fire indicator looks like an addition by an owner at some point.

With regard to the serial number, I'd check to see if there is a matching serial on the slide (electro penciled inside perhaps?). Otherwise it's possible you have a slide and frame that were assembled from parts at some point.

My knowledge level is pretty basic, but one of the PPK experts should be along shortly and provide some truly useful information.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't own any PP's or PPK' s but I have seen enough to know there should be the Walther script on the left side of the frame. This one looks like the script has been buffed off and reblued. This gun does have the early 90 degree safty so it could be a pre war gun. All the gold stuff was added by someone who owned the pistol post war. They were probably the ones that scrubbed the Walther script off the left side too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the information guys. I was thinking the same thing about the gold paint. However I was hoping the slide hadn't been messed with. Oh well. Had to check. I will look closer at the inside of the slide and get back to you. Hopefully I can find the serial in there.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
First of all Welcome to WaltherForums! I've moved your thread to the PP and TP Series section.
You have a 1934 Walther PPK in 7.65mm based on the serial number. The grips appear to be the original type but have been cut off at the top...most likely due to cracking. The magazine extension also appears to be original. The gold colored paint is not original and was most likely added after the grips were modified. The PPK has been extensively refinished. It's in the RZM serial number range but the Walther rollmark isn't visible. Are there any numbers on the magazine or anywhere else on the gun?
Could you post a photo of the magazine and markings? If it has just the Walther banner and is in good shape it could be worth $200 alone.
Based on the serial number your PPK may be an RZM like the one in the attachments. Can you see a circle image on the left slide?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all Welcome to WaltherForums! I've moved your thread to the PP and TP Series section.
You have a 1934 Walther PPK in 7.65mm based on the serial number. The grips appear to be the original type but have been cut off at the top...most likely due to cracking. The magazine extension also appears to be original. The gold colored paint is not original and was most likely added after the grips were modified. The PPK has been extensively refinished. It's in the RZM serial number range but the Walther rollmark isn't visible. Are there any numbers on the magazine or anywhere else on the gun?
Could you post a photo of the magazine and markings? If it has just the Walther banner and is in good shape it could be worth $200 alone.
Based on the serial number your PPK may be an RZM like the one in the attachments. Can you see a circle image on the left slide?
I do believe that is the case Milspec. I enclosed pictures of the magazine and a closeup of the slide where you can barely see the RZM circle. I can see it without the camera, but I think it probably has been reblued...unfortunately.
As for numbers on the magazine or anywhere else, I cannot find them. I even looked on the inside of the slide.
If nothing else (collecter wise) it is a tac driver. Great groupings for such an old gun. Definitely fine workmanship. It is the only Walther that I own as of now. I may have to change that in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
929 Posts
Shame it was refinished but I'm sure it will make a nice shooter.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Well...it was probably pretty rough and now it's a nice accurate shooter and carry gun. It still has it's history...just stealthy.
You might want to put that expensive collector's magazine away and replace it with a less expensive new one. Or sell it and buy a bunch of new ones and some nice wood grips... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Milspec
Can you recommend any good stores or sites where I could buy some newer magazines. I am going to take your advice in putting it up. It is a fun gun though, and I definitely want to keep firing it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The magazine has a refinished look to it too. Looks a little rough under the blue job. It still may have some value to someone else who may need a spare mag bit little for a collector. Removing the gold paint of the mag extension may be difficult but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Hi Don. No...this is isn't a spare mag for range use. It's for someone who doesn't have a mag and extension for their less than perfect RZM. Not all "collectors" start out with $2500 guns. The mag is worth about $200...down from $350 due to the condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The magazine has a refinished look to it too. Looks a little rough under the blue job. It still may have some value to someone else who may need a spare mag bit little for a collector. Removing the gold paint of the mag extension may be difficult but not impossible.
I don't know what they were thinking with the gold paint. May have been put on there back in the 70s or Whenever Gold finger came out.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It just hurts me so when I see what would have been a valuable PPK so messed with. Enjoy it, you have a good shooter PPK with some unknown history behind it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts