Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:1930's Walther PPK 7.65 'N'
I'm trying to locate info on a Walther. Description follows= suspect 1930's model, and is a PPK 7.65 ACP.. small 'N' & symbol stamped on ejection side of slid action.-
There is lots of deep pitting BUT it appears to read ...
"Waffenfrabrik Walther, Zella,Mehlis(inur)"

-Appears fully functional-

1st... no evidence of ever having a S/N ... was this a proto type ?

2nd .. Prominant mil marks on clean frame .. after-market or home-made grips

3rd. .. barrel extends approx. 1/2 inch(plus) beyond rec. - exc. bore

4th .. mag has side button rel. but looks like a prev. bottom release mech had been present at one time.

Any ideas of original ?? or is this a pieced together PPK .. or both ??

·
Registered
384 Posts
...and welcome to the forum! pics go a long way for these folks to help id a gun.
Al

·
Registered
432 Posts
(Thur)
See photo.
Probably a "cigarette gun" put together from parts at the end of WWII

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input

I own a 80's era USA PPK/S .380 and 2 70's era Polish P-64's 9X18 mm and they all are identical in length.

I do not own this pistol in question... but I did see it AND examined it very closely .. to the point of dis-assembly and any identifying marks.

I laid my (C.C.) P-64 against it. This PPK in guestion does have a barrel about 1/2 inch longer .. a rough milled frame finish as described below.

I found only the 'N', along with undiscernable stamp just above it .. using a 15X magnifier

The 2011 S.P.Fjested BB of GV book describe it as having 'various degrees' of a rough milled finish ... however the 'barrel alone' protrudes/extends about 1/2 inch further than the receiver

There has NEVER been a S/N stamped anywhere on this (unblued ??) frame .. which is in perfect condition .. unlike the pitted receiver.

The other problem is the LACK OF S/N ... to date it & making it a 'legal' War Artifact or C&R firearm ??

I can't find any photos with a protruded barrel thus far and can only go by the assumption it's a pre-war frame with a war era receiver - but STILL NO S/N anywhere - that lack of s/n throws a haymaker on the whole firearm to make it legal - thus this search/inquiry

I'll stay tuned for any further .. thanks a bunch

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may have to retract my final thought .. there is an active side release mag. button .. but appears to also have 'previously' been a mag release on the bottom ?? This would be inconsistant I believe, with the pre-war frame ?? ( just another curve in the mystery)

THX.

·
Registered
384 Posts
IF it is a gun that was put together by a G.I. could it be a PP with a PPK slide and spring? that would explain the barrel sticking out. just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
(Thur)
See photo.
Probably a "cigarette gun" put together from parts at the end of WWII
OK a clearer picture .. and for my mind too (dain brammage) !!

I see the lanyard loop now .. good photo

Thx .. I'll check back soon :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
The original PPK/S assembled through the fog of kludging anything together and having the extra barrel length to add threads. I'm wondering if Jagermeister played a part in this?

·
Registered
822 Posts
It could be a lot of things but without photos I wouldn't even try to guess.
Excellent suggestion. From the initial description it appears to be a humped up piece of junk: a perfect condition frame and a deeply pitted slide. "There has NEVER been a S/N stamped anywhere on this (unblued ??) frame .. which is in perfect condition .. unlike the pitted receiver."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx Joe W .. AND ALL - I went back for a second hands-on view of the pistol - YEP, it looks like a well mis-matched PPK slide on an 'unmarked PP frame' (with no S/N).
There is a 19mm difference in barrel lengths between the two, along with a 8 rnd mag vs a 7 rnd. mag

I also found noteable slop in the slide action, probably ill & dangerous marriage between the two ... and passed on the info (I'm third party)

Quoting Joe W .. "this hobby is a continuing education"

Thank you to all (I'm done for now) :)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Wait: You're going to leave us all hanging, with no photo so that we can all get a look? :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts