Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got full size Rock Island 1911 - shot it twice. Each time had same problem- after shooting maybe a couple of mags, had problems with the mag either falling out of mag well or not being able to get it out with mag release. Range gun smith, turned mag catch clockwise with thin screwdriver, and that fixed it- for the time being. He says he's not sure just what is wrong without tearing it down....don't want to pay for him to do that when gun is under warranty...but would rather not send it back. I googled problem, and one guy seemed to be familiar (a few others too), and he discussed removing mag catch and release , reinstalling....I am still a newbie sort of -so not sure about doing that.

has anyone had this problem.....and does anyone have ideas to fix it?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Have him install Wilson Combat mag catch.

Don't try it yourself, those screws are easily mangled MIM parts. Ask me how I found out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take mag release out and disassemble. Look for burrs in keyway and mortise for key. Also look for binding in frame by putting black marker on body of mag release, reassemble and try it a few times. Disassemble and check for marks. If you do end up changing mag release, I advise using EGW mag release. Best out there IMHO. Have it in all my 1911's. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts