Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if walther or anyone else makes a barrel kit for the .17 mach II, or will eventually make one? i haven't really poked around to find out, but i figure someone here would know.

i think that would be a pretty cool option considering how easy it is to swap out barrels.

one other quick question...are the P22 "military" (green) pistols more scarce that say the carbon fiber or the plain black ones? when i was looking for mine, the shop i always go to couldn't find any. i ended up finding it at another shop at a considerably less price than i was quoted from the first shop.

just curious,

thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
821 Posts
You can buy an aftermarket .17 bbl on the internet.

However, based on readings on rimfirecentral, the bbl is a bit of a far stretch.  The manufacturer doesn't even have a spot for the extractor, so it has to be removed before installing the bbl.

Also, the impact curve of the .17 round is MUCH different than .22 LR.  Since the slides of P22s have a tendency to crack when shooting hyper vel. .22 ammo, can you imagine what it'd be like with .17?

As far as the OD green question, I dunno.

-stunks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the information.

i didn't realize that the slide tends to crack with hyper velocity ammo. wouldn't that be something that would have to be replaced by walther if that happened? you would think that cracking slides wouldn't be an issue since the P22 tends to function better with hotter ammo.

would a stiffer spring help with that issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts