Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once again on backorder. You gotta be quick guys. Congrats to those who got theirs this time around.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Now I am wondering why you took yours off ??

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I am wondering why you took yours off ??
I traded in my P99c 9mm that it was on. I still have my P99 full size 9mm and my P99c .40 but couldn't justify two P99 9mm's and I really wanted that H&K....

I knew someone would want the HiViz red so I saved it and the rest is history. :)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ahhh you got the HK45... I remember you posting on HKpro I think....
the HK45 is great.... at least the trigger is better than on the P30...
I am strongly thinking to get the HK45cT once it gets on the streets if the trigger is as nice on it like on the few full size HK45's that I got to play with so far

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh you got the HK45... I remember you posting on HKpro I think....
the HK45 is great.... at least the trigger is better than on the P30...
I am strongly thinking to get the HK45cT once it gets on the streets if the trigger is as nice on it like on the few full size HK45's that I got to play with so far
No, I got the P30 and am holding out for the HK45 compact due out in '08. I am shooting more 9mm of late primarily because of a nagging problem with "shooters elbow" (tendinitis) and the heavier kicker calibers just make it worse. With a little rest from shooting and physical therapy I am hoping by the time the HK45 compact comes out, I'll be back in shape. By the way, I really do like the HK sa/da trigger. But I like my P99 equaly well. Just different.

As for the red vs. the green HiViz, most give the edge to the red for quicker pick up.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
So far I like the red FO in low light....... but in the daylight the red doesn't stick out.... for me it is almost black when looking at the sight in daylight... I can see this sight working wonders though on the range....
There is nothing wrong with the DA/SA of the P30..... however the SA pull is miles long and the reset is not any better.... I do love however the sights on the P30 or HK45.... I got one of these sights on my P99c (Front sight only)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So far I like the red FO in low light....... but in the daylight the red doesn't stick out.... for me it is almost black when looking at the sight in daylight... I can see this sight working wonders though on the range....
There is nothing wrong with the DA/SA of the P30..... however the SA pull is miles long and the reset is not any better.... I do love however the sights on the P30 or HK45.... I got one of these sights on my P99c (Front sight only)
All things are relative. Perhaps comparing the P30's SA pull to the Walther AS appears to be miles long but it is no different in my opinion to any large extent from my Sig P239 SA/DA pull. It's all what you're used to and what you've practiced to become proficient with. I have no complaints with the reset either once I get into a rythem. I have to say Uncut that you are somewhat in the minority regarding your opinion on the HK 30's SA break. Most like myself find it clean and light just the way it is.

As for the red in daylight. Admittedly I bought it for the range and low light. I don't recall though having a problem in daylight. As a matter of fact, I like a black front sight. :) We're all different. It's worth 30 bucks to find out for yourself. Seems to me either you go the inexpensive route an put a HiViz red/green front sight on (leave the rear sight stock, the HiViz front DOES make a difference for most) or go all the way and install Earl's or Meprolight Tritium night sights for daytime, night time and Saturday too. Anything in-between really doesn't provide a significant advantage over the HiViz red front only in my opinion in terms of cost/benefit.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
All things are relative. Perhaps comparing the P30's SA pull to the Walther AS appears to be miles long but it is no different in my opinion to any large extent from my Sig P239 SA/DA pull. It's all what you're used to and what you've practiced to become proficient with. I have no complaints with the reset either once I get into a rythem. I have to say Uncut that you are somewhat in the minority regarding your opinion on the HK 30's SA break. Most like myself find it clean and light just the way it is.
Yea I guess the P5, P99's and P7's have me spoiled :D
Bute even compareing the P30 to the USP line in DA/SA the P30 seems to be long

1 - 11 of 11 Posts