Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was worried about having a lemon, with many misfeeds and stove pipes (around 5%, which was terrible). Switching from 115 to 124 grain has stopped the problem cold. If I load up 115 again, the problem comes right back.
The difference in my confidence in the gun and happiness in my purchase is night and day. I understand how some owners are very unhappy.
Thank you for the helpful posts!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I was worried about having a lemon, with many misfeeds and stove pipes (around 5%, which was terrible). Switching from 115 to 124 grain has stopped the problem cold. If I load up 115 again, the problem comes right back.
The difference in my confidence in the gun and happiness in my purchase is night and day. I understand how some owners are very unhappy.
Thank you for the helpful posts!
Welcome to the forum new_hobby. Do you have the original CCP or the M2 version?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to the group! If you research some posts, I think you'll find that size matters. I switched from 115 g. to 147 g. and my CCP has been flawless. Happy shooting. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been running 115 grain through my CCP M2 with only minor issues. It will eat Winchester white box all day long. My husband bought some no name bulk 115 grain ammo that I have had a few failure to feed issues with. And this stuff dirty’s up my pistol quicker too, which could have contributed to my problem. I need to run some 124 through mine...that’s what’s in it for EDC. But, I have a question. Might there be a difference between the original CCP and the M2 that allows for the M2 to cycle ammo better? I’m just wondering, did Walther change something there? I’ve read where some folks have had feeding problems with original CCP’s.

·
Registered
628 Posts
...Might there be a difference between the original CCP and the M2 that allows for the M2 to cycle ammo better?...
Rolling changes were made to the original CCP so it might be hard to generalize. But comparing a late production original CCP to a CCP M2, I don't see much difference other than the striker assembly and the tool-less takedown mechanism. With the M2 there is less chance of messing up the striker spring during reassembly. Also, the striker assembly has the red cocking indicator that might be a better striker spring guide than the original locking catch.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an early CCP and have better then 2000 rounds through it. Mostly Remington UMC (green and white box - used to be yellow) or Federal all 115 gr. I haven’t had a single mis step. My wife on the other hand can not get through a magazine with out a fail to feed. It is very prone to “limp wristing”. We brought it for her but it’s mine now!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts