Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Should I Get A 10mm or .45 ACP?

If you want an autoloading big-bore, the two most obvious choices are going to be down to 10mm vs. .45 ACP. There are others, of course. The .44 Automag is coming back, there are the Wildey magnums, you could also get a Desert Eagle and so on.

However, if you don't feel like blowing almost $2 per round, the 10mm and .45 caliber rounds are really the most realistic choice.

Which is better? Well, the question is "better for what?" Both rounds are proven performers, but also have certain best uses. The bigger, slower, heavier .45 ACP is a pure personal protection round. The 10mm is a true all 'rounder, but makes certain demands of the person carrying it. Which is best for you is really the question.

Which will be, though? Let's go over that a little more.

Continue reading at: 10mm vs .45 ACP: Battle Of The Big Bore Bullets - Alien Gear Holsters Blog

·
Registered
38 Posts
One vote for 10mm. When is the 10mm PPQ M1 5" coming out? I need to start saving up :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
On what planet are they paying $2 a round, I have a couple of 10mm's and several 45acp's and I only pay around a buck per round and that's personal defense loads!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
HAahaha, that's cute.

50AE for the win! And the ammo is $27 to $31 per box of 20rds at walk in retailers like Cabala's and Bass Pro (better deals online). That $2 a trigger pull old wives tale is internet BS!

Just got this a few weeks ago.....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts