Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it to the 10k round mark on my P99 today.
Still zero malfunctions.
But when I got home and did a detail strip, the slide stop spring fell out in two pieces.
I guess i'll give S&W/Walther a call tomorrow and try out their customer service.
I just pulled the slide stop all the way out, and re-assembled.
I can live with no slide stop until the new spring arrives.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jody, it's been a couple of years how are you doing. I'm loving the P99, thanks for putting me onto them. I'm looking at a compact. Do you have one yet, or is the SW enough to put you off. take care, Kyle aka catboy/farranger

·
Registered
29 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ut when I got home and did a detail strip, the slide stop spring fell out in two pieces.
I guess i'll give S&W/Walther a call tomorrow and try out their customer service.
I just pulled the slide stop all the way out, and re-assembled.
If they can't send you one at a fair price in a quick manner leave a post hear. I have several of these springs and I will send you one.

Regards

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walther is supposedly sending me out a new slide stop spring, and a locking block roll pin today or tomorrow, we'll see.
----
farranger-
I haven't even handled a SW99 Compact yet, but since I have no problems concealing the full size, i'll probably pass on the compact. Besides, my Kahr Mk9 is about as compact as they get.
----
AHSGA-
If S&W doesn't come thru by early next week, I may be begging a spring off of you, thanks for the offer.
----
P88-
Have you had any other parts failures, that I should start looking out for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts