Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hit the 1000 rnd mark yet? If you have or when you do could you update everyone on the barrel wear and accuracy of the gun at this point. I have theory on the barrel and I hope it proves wrong.
---- The barrel on the pk380 as far I can tell is suppsed be of a harder ( or at least equal to) steel/alloy than the slide. Since everyone seems to have some sort of wear on the barrel but none of us has complained of slide wear it seems to me that these barrels were not forged/ tempered to a very high degree of quality. If this is true then we should start to see accuracy degrade quicker than expected. It would be interesting to see someone do an accuracy test at 1000 rnds (off a rest) and see if they notice any change from new. I know mine grouped 3 shots at 1.5 inches @ 10yds (I averaged 5 groups). I just seem to be having a problem getting to shoot enough to get to the 1000 rnd mark to test my own theory. Anyone info from you guys would be helpfull, as it has been on all the other topics.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I didn't realize that there were 1,000 rounds of .380 ACP left on the planet, let alone rounded up in one place. :)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Well, I've been accused of having it in a lot of places, all right, but this is the first time that couch cushions, of all places to have it, were mentioned.

Besides, I wasn't joking. :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Okay, since you weren't joking...

For anyone interested, in the Pittsburgh area, the Gander Mountain in Moon has Fiocchi FMJ and Remington .380 in stock, and easily had a couple thousand there that I saw just a couple hours ago.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 200 rounds through mine and I have another 300 rnds waiting to be fired. I stopped by cabelas today and they seem to have stumbled across the motherload of .380. I was in such shock I opened the box's to make sure it was actually .380 inside. 18 bucks a box for winchester white box 92gr. I figured it was a stretch to find someone who had found 1000 rnds and shot it. I think if I found ( and could afford) that much .380 at one time I would probably put it in a pile and swim through it,,haha.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have about 500-600 rounds fired through my PK380. No problems to report (zero). Has worked perfectly with Magtech ammo and a couple of others, including some hollow points.

Probably do another 50-100 tomorrow.

Minor scratches on the barrel, removed the black finish but that's about it.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the Forum

I have put 400 through my new 380 flawlessly with a little wear on the barrel but not enough to worry me or to be unexpected. I have a couple hundred left waiting to be meet a target! This is my first Walther and am happy so far but I have read alot of negative things about it. Im not to worried cause my XDM has my back all day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts