Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Reciently pruchased a couple of 10 round mags for use in the Walther (S&W) From a dealer on E-Bay. They cause the gun to jam. When looking at the top of the mag, it appears to be exactly shapped as the good working Walther PPK mags that came with the gun. Possibly the opening is slightly narrower than the OEM mag, and the spring pressure seems a bit lighter.  The dealer says Too Bad, No Returns, and Sorry.  The round ends up with the nose at the top of the bore, while the bottom of the round is still in the mag. If looking into the Ejection port, the barrel at 3 O'Clock, the round is at 1 O'Clock. Any Advise or recomendations? My first post here , "Rookie" so to speak.
Thanks in Advance,
Ray

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could try replacing the spring in the magaine. If I were you I would just you the ten round magazines for fun though or simply cut my loss. I have to say that I have done the same thing

·
Registered
713 Posts
Use for range and practice drills. I use ONLY factory mags. I but nothing from crooks on e bay. Why use ebay anyway they are anti gun big time.
We have same problem on Bersa Board where I mod." I bought mag for my 380 Bersa on e bay and doesn't work they won't refund my money." So they then buy factory and in long run spent 1/2 again what factory would have cost to start with.

2question why would you want a 10 round mag for a PPK anyway.
bersatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to say that I have learned that anything but factory mags are trouble. Just consider them an expensive lesson and toss them into the dumpster. It makes it a bit easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on the 10 round Mags. The purpose of them is for on the range. The mags sticks way out of the bottom of the gun and could not be carried that way. As for the mags, I had a gunsmith rework the tops of them to the same size and shape as the Oringial factory mags. Still jamming problems. I harrassed the seller until he refunded my money, which he did before I even sent them back. He refunded 100% shipping and all. I have to admit, everytime somebody bid on has mags on E-Bay, I would send them a Note telling of my problems, I am sure his bids went down because of that. Last I saw he had 91 of them left. I now use only Walther (Smith and Wesson) (Made in Spain I Think) mags and not a Jam in the last couple of Hundred rounds. Lesson Learned. I wish to thank all those who Replied.
Ray D. Aider

1 - 6 of 6 Posts